Old 04-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Xianwen Chen – Uni. Tromsø

Default How to use X configure or driver from Ubuntu

Dear all,

I use a Compaq 7550 monitor. It's a CRT.

Currently, I can not adjust the refresh rate under Gentoo, but it was
adjustable when it was running Ubuntu. I think I may need to copy the
X configure file or some sort of CRT driver file from Ubuntu. What do
you think? Any suggestion please?

Kind regards,

Chen

--
Xianwen Chen, M.Sc., Scientific Assistant
www.uit.no | xianwen.chen at (gmail.com | uit.no)

Old 04-18-2010, 07:38 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Sonntag 18 April 2010, Xianwen Chen – Uni. Tromsø wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I use a Compaq 7550 monitor. It's a CRT.
>
> Currently, I can not adjust the refresh rate under Gentoo, but it was
> adjustable when it was running Ubuntu. I think I may need to copy the
> X configure file or some sort of CRT driver file from Ubuntu. What do
> you think? Any suggestion please?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Chen

post your xorg.conf file for a start. There are no 'crt driver files'.

Old 04-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Xianwen Chen – Uni. Tromsø

Thanks for your reply Hemman! I'm using HAL to configure X. Currently
not xorg.conf is placed under /etc/X11. Shall I copy the xorg.conf
file from Ubuntu to Gentoo?

Chen

Old 04-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Sonntag 18 April 2010, Xianwen Chen – Uni. Tromsø wrote:
> Thanks for your reply Hemman! I'm using HAL to configure X. Currently
> not xorg.conf is placed under /etc/X11. Shall I copy the xorg.conf
> file from Ubuntu to Gentoo?

you could do that. But check for changes. You could also post it here first.