Old 04-18-2010, 07:53 AM
Konstantinos Agouros

Default No Mousewheel in X and ctrl-alt-backspace not working

Hi,

for whatever reason my mousewheel is no longer working after upgrading
zu the latest X-Org server (and corresponding libraries). Here's the
excerpt from the xorg.conf that is relevant:

Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "Mouse1"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"

I had to rebuild the mouse-drive for ABI changes but that didn't fix
the problem. Any input is welcome.

Also ctrl-alt-backspace to kill X does not work anymore. DonZap is
commented out. Clues in that regard would be welcome as well.

Regards,

Konstantin

--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@agouros.de
Altersheimerstr. 1, 81545 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185

Old 04-18-2010, 08:14 AM
Mick

On Sunday 18 April 2010 08:53:43 Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for whatever reason my mousewheel is no longer working after upgrading
> zu the latest X-Org server (and corresponding libraries). Here's the
> excerpt from the xorg.conf that is relevant:
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>
> Identifier "Mouse1"
> Driver "mouse"
> Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
> Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
>
> I had to rebuild the mouse-drive for ABI changes but that didn't fix
> the problem. Any input is welcome.
>
> Also ctrl-alt-backspace to kill X does not work anymore. DonZap is
> commented out. Clues in that regard would be welcome as well.

I case you missed it, did you rebuild all the relevant drivers including x11-
drivers/xf86-input-mouse or whatever your hardware requires?

Check qlist -I -C x11-drivers/ for a list of what you need to remerge.
Mick

Old 04-19-2010, 08:44 AM
Konstantinos Agouros

In <201004180915.01070.michaelkintzios@gmail.com> michaelkintzios@gmail.com (Mick) writes:

>--nextPart1570133.id33PBG5uM

>On Sunday 18 April 2010 08:53:43 Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
>> Hi,
>>=20
>> for whatever reason my mousewheel is no longer working after upgrading
>> zu the latest X-Org server (and corresponding libraries). Here's the
>> excerpt from the xorg.conf that is relevant:
>>=20
>> Section "InputDevice"
>>=20
>> Identifier "Mouse1"
>> Driver "mouse"
>> Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>> Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
>> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
>>=20
>> I had to rebuild the mouse-drive for ABI changes but that didn't fix
>> the problem. Any input is welcome.
>>=20
>> Also ctrl-alt-backspace to kill X does not work anymore. DonZap is
>> commented out. Clues in that regard would be welcome as well.

>I case you missed it, did you rebuild all the relevant drivers including x1=
>1-
>drivers/xf86-input-mouse or whatever your hardware requires?
Yes I rebuilt mouse and keyboard cause in the first shot they weren't working
at all. I didn't build evdev but at the moment I am not using it. Or is it
used inherently?

Konstantin

Old 04-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Mick

On Monday 19 April 2010 09:44:50 Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
> In <201004180915.01070.michaelkintzios@gmail.com> michaelkintzios@gmail.com
(Mick) writes:
> >--nextPart1570133.id33PBG5uM
> >
> >On Sunday 18 April 2010 08:53:43 Konstantinos Agouros wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>=20
> >> for whatever reason my mousewheel is no longer working after upgrading
> >> zu the latest X-Org server (and corresponding libraries). Here's the
> >> excerpt from the xorg.conf that is relevant:
> >>=20
> >> Section "InputDevice"
> >>=20
> >> Identifier "Mouse1"
> >> Driver "mouse"
> >> Option "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
> >> Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
> >> Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
> >>=20
> >> I had to rebuild the mouse-drive for ABI changes but that didn't fix
> >> the problem. Any input is welcome.
> >>=20
> >> Also ctrl-alt-backspace to kill X does not work anymore. DonZap is
> >> commented out. Clues in that regard would be welcome as well.
> >
> >I case you missed it, did you rebuild all the relevant drivers including
> > x1= 1-
> >drivers/xf86-input-mouse or whatever your hardware requires?
>
> Yes I rebuilt mouse and keyboard cause in the first shot they weren't
> working at all. I didn't build evdev but at the moment I am not using it.
> Or is it used inherently?

For the 2 minutes it might take I would rebuild it and see what gives. I have
found that two of my boxen would not work without it - yours may be the same.
Mick

Old 04-20-2010, 03:53 AM
dan blum

If you are still having trouble with xorg, the best source of error information is the file /var/log/Xorg.0.log, which is created every time you run xorg.

Also, the Gento web site has several articles on xorg which can provide additional help, although not all information is in one place.

There I found that you can add the alt_control_backspace control into the conf file under Options:
Option: "XkbdOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp". I have never dried this myself. Good luck.