-   -   Ebuilds for additional campaigns for games-strategy/wesnoth (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/34866-ebuilds-additional-campaigns-games-strategy-wesnoth.html)

"Hemmann, Volker Armin" 01-11-2008 02:51 PM

On Freitag, 11. Januar 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Before I open a bug for this, are ther any such ebuilds? I know they don't
> exist in portage, but maybe in some overlay I'm not aware of.
>
> Thanks...
>
> Dirk

you can't do that because the user generated scenarios/campaigns are changing
too much.

And the installing method from within wesnoth works fine - so what is the
problem? The additional stuff is not that big.

Dirk Heinrichs 01-12-2008 07:18 AM

Am Freitag, 11. Januar 2008 schrieb Hemmann, Volker Armin:
> On Freitag, 11. Januar 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> >
> > Before I open a bug for this, are ther any such ebuilds? I know they
> > don't exist in portage, but maybe in some overlay I'm not aware of.
>
> you can't do that because the user generated scenarios/campaigns are
> changing too much.

Why is that a problem?

> And the installing method from within wesnoth works fine - so what is the
> problem? The additional stuff is not that big.

It will be stored in the users homes, possibly ending up in multiple copies of
the same stuff, but eventually with different versions. So I'd prefer a
clean, systemwide installation.

Bye...

Dirk

"Hemmann, Volker Armin" 01-12-2008 11:03 AM

On Samstag, 12. Januar 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> Am Freitag, 11. Januar 2008 schrieb Hemmann, Volker Armin:
> > On Freitag, 11. Januar 2008, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
> > > Before I open a bug for this, are ther any such ebuilds? I know they
> > > don't exist in portage, but maybe in some overlay I'm not aware of.
> >
> > you can't do that because the user generated scenarios/campaigns are
> > changing too much.
>
> Why is that a problem?

how do you make ebuilds for something that gets replaced on an absolutly
random basis with no old versions?

> > And the installing method from within wesnoth works fine - so what is the
> > problem? The additional stuff is not that big.
>
> It will be stored in the users homes, possibly ending up in multiple copies
> of the same stuff, but eventually with different versions. So I'd prefer a
> clean, systemwide installation.

the clean 'system wide' installation does not work, because the scenarios
might override stuff. Putting them into home makes the whole thing clean in
the first place.

--
Conclusions
In a straight-up fight, the Empire squashes the Federation like a bug. Even