Old 01-11-2008, 07:53 AM
Sergey Kobzar

Default Re VMware Server Tools

Hi Peter,

> On Thursday 10 January 2008, Sergey Kobzar wrote:
>> I can't find vmware-server-tools in layman. Before I used it to
>> install tools:
>>
>> # equery list | grep vmware-server-tools
>> app-emulation/vmware-server-tools-1.0.3.44356

> Vmware tools are now included in vmware-server. After starting a
> VM, choose "Install VMware Tools" from the VM menu.

And it will add:
- Tools to installed packages list
- correct rc scripts
?

Don't think so...

I prefer to use portage tree for additional software. That's why I
chose Gentoo.

--
Sergey

Old 01-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Sergey Kobzar

Hi Elias,

> Am Freitag, 11. Januar 2008 09:53:36 schrieb Sergey Kobzar:
>> I prefer to use portage tree for additional software. That's why I
>> chose Gentoo.
>>
>> --
>> Sergey

> Use the open-vm-tools. They work quite fine and contain all features provided
> by the previous closed source ones.

> Regards, Elias P.

Thanks for recommendation. I installed open-vm-tools already and they
look good!

Hope it's a good replacement for proprietary VMware Tools.

--
Sergey