-   -   firefox 3.6 cannot open folder from the d/l dialog box (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/345726-firefox-3-6-cannot-open-folder-d-l-dialog-box.html)

Xi Shen 03-23-2010 12:04 PM

firefox 3.6 cannot open folder from the d/l dialog box

hi,

my system is gentoo amd64, kde 4.4, ff 3.6. after i finished d/l a
file i want to open the folder where the file is saved. but when i do
so, firefox says it cannot find an application to open that link. i am
not trying to open/launch it.

how can i fix this?

--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/

Frank Steinmetzger 03-25-2010 08:56 AM

Am Dienstag, 23. März 2010 schrieb Xi Shen:
> hi,
>
> my system is gentoo amd64, kde 4.4, ff 3.6. after i finished d/l a
> file i want to open the folder where the file is saved. but when i do
> so, firefox says it cannot find an application to open that link. i am
> not trying to open/launch it.
>
> how can i fix this?

Open firefox’s about:config. Then add a string value with the name of
network.protocol-handler.app.file
and assign it whatever you like, for example /usr/bin/konqueror or
/usr/bin/doplhin. Alternatively, once that entry exists, you can also invoke a
dialogue for that by selecting "Go to download folder" once. You then get the
opportunity to select an app via a file choser.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Error 96: Found dead mouse in hard drive C: