-   -   broken files left and revdep-rebuild (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/344931-broken-files-left-revdep-rebuild.html)

KH 03-21-2010 06:15 PM

broken files left and revdep-rebuild

Hi,

I just ran revdep-rebuild -i -- --ask. At the end there was:

* Found some broken files that weren't associated with known packages
* The broken files are:
* /usr/bin/imgcmp
* /usr/bin/imginfo
* /usr/bin/jasper
* /usr/lib/libjasper-1.701.so.1.0.0

Does somebody know where those files came from? I tend to remove them.
Will this break the system?

Regards
kh

Dale 03-21-2010 07:08 PM

KH wrote:

Hi,

I just ran revdep-rebuild -i -- --ask. At the end there was:

* Found some broken files that weren't associated with known packages
* The broken files are:
* /usr/bin/imgcmp
* /usr/bin/imginfo
* /usr/bin/jasper
* /usr/lib/libjasper-1.701.so.1.0.0

Does somebody know where those files came from? I tend to remove them.
Will this break the system?

Regards
kh

They all appear to belong to jasper. I looked them up here:

http://www.portagefilelist.de/index.php/Special:PFLQuery2

As to why those are not owned by anything, I have no idea.

Dale

:-) :-)

Daniel Pielmeier 03-21-2010 07:10 PM

KH schrieb am 21.03.2010 20:15:
> Hi,
>
> I just ran revdep-rebuild -i -- --ask. At the end there was:
>
> * Found some broken files that weren't associated with known packages
> * The broken files are:
> * /usr/bin/imgcmp
> * /usr/bin/imginfo
> * /usr/bin/jasper
> * /usr/lib/libjasper-1.701.so.1.0.0
>

> Does somebody know where those files came from? I tend to remove them.
> Will this break the system?

media-libs/jasper?

--
Daniel Pielmeier

Mark Knecht 03-21-2010 07:12 PM

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 12:15 PM, KH <gentoo-user@konstantinhansen.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just ran revdep-rebuild -i -- --ask. At the end there was:
>
> ** Found some broken files that weren't associated with known packages
> ** The broken files are:
> ** * /usr/bin/imgcmp
> ** * /usr/bin/imginfo
> ** * /usr/bin/jasper
> ** * /usr/lib/libjasper-1.701.so.1.0.0
>

> Does somebody know where those files came from? I tend to remove them. Will
> this break the system?
>
> Regards
> kh

I use something like

equery belong /usr/bin/imgcmp

and if nothing owns them then I remove them by hand, one by one. It's
just kruft left over.

After I'm all done with that then I run emerge -pvDuN @world and
revdep-rebuild -ip again to ensure everything's cool.

- Mark