-   -   kdevelop-3.5.4 && avahi && qt3-useflag (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/344783-kdevelop-3-5-4-avahi-qt3-useflag.html)

Alexander Puchmayr 03-21-2010 11:16 AM

kdevelop-3.5.4 && avahi && qt3-useflag

Hi there!

I just wanted to emerge dev-util/kdevelop-3.5.4-r1 from kde-sunset, which
failed because kde-misc/kdnssd-avahi-0.1.2-r1 fails to compile due to:

* ERROR: kde-misc/kdnssd-avahi-0.1.2-r1 failed:
* net-dns/avahi-0.6.24-r2 does not actually support the qt3 USE flag!

The situation is quite a deadlock, because avahi doesn't support the qt3
useflag anymore, and the dependency for kdnssd-avahi comes through kdelibs,
which selects either avahi or mdnsresponder depending on its avahi-useflag.
Removing avahi for kdelibs is not possible, as it results in blocking packages
(avahi and mdnsresponder cannot be installed at the same time), and removing
avahi-support entirely for the whole system is a thing I really don't want to
do.

So, I'm stuck now, I can't install kdevelop-3.5.4 due to use-flag problems
which are entirely irrelevant for kevelop :-(

Thanks for suggestions

Alex

Dale 03-21-2010 12:29 PM

Alexander Puchmayr wrote:

[...]

I get this on mine:

[ebuild R ] net-dns/avahi-0.6.24-r2 USE="dbus gdbm gtk ipv6
mdnsresponder-compat python qt3 qt4 -autoipd -bookmarks -doc
-howl-compat -mono -test" 0 kB [1]

It lists both the qt3 and qt4 USE flag on here. Actually, mine was
apparently installed with it since it shows it is not changing. You
sure you don't have a setting somewhere that is stopping this? Maybe
package.use or something.

Dale

:-) :-)

Alexander Puchmayr 03-21-2010 12:54 PM

Am Sonntag 21 März 2010 14:29:22 schrieb Dale:
> Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
> > Hi there!
> >
> > I just wanted to emerge dev-util/kdevelop-3.5.4-r1 from kde-sunset, which
> > failed because kde-misc/kdnssd-avahi-0.1.2-r1 fails to compile due to:
> >
> > * ERROR: kde-misc/kdnssd-avahi-0.1.2-r1 failed:
> > * net-dns/avahi-0.6.24-r2 does not actually support the qt3 USE flag!
> >

> I get this on mine:
>
> [ebuild R ] net-dns/avahi-0.6.24-r2 USE="dbus gdbm gtk ipv6
> mdnsresponder-compat python qt3 qt4 -autoipd -bookmarks -doc
> -howl-compat -mono -test" 0 kB [1]
>
> It lists both the qt3 and qt4 USE flag on here. Actually, mine was
> apparently installed with it since it shows it is not changing. You
> sure you don't have a setting somewhere that is stopping this? Maybe
> package.use or something.

After wondering how it comes that your ebuild with the same version and
revision is different to mine, I had a look to the machine where it worked
some weeks ago, and voila:

diff /var/db/pkg/net-dns/avahi-0.6.24-r2/avahi-0.6.24-r2.ebuild
/usr/portage/net-dns/avahi/avahi-0.6.24-r2.ebuild 1c1
[...]
16c16
< IUSE="bookmarks howl-compat mdnsresponder-compat gdbm dbus doc mono gtk
python qt3 qt4 autoipd kernel_linux test ipv6"
---
> IUSE="bookmarks howl-compat mdnsresponder-compat gdbm dbus doc mono gtk
python qt4 autoipd kernel_linux test ipv6"
22d21
< qt3? ( x11-libs/qt:3 )
56c55
< $(use_enable qt3)
---
> --disable-qt3

It seems as if somebody has silently changed the ebuild and forgot to increase
the revision counter... I think I have to file a bug report

Greetings,
Alex

Dale 03-21-2010 01:51 PM

Alexander Puchmayr wrote:

[...]

Don't file it on b.g.o. tho. Subscribe to the desktop mailing list and
post it there. There are some kde-sunset people on there that will see
it and fix it with whatever is needed. The kde-sunset is not Gentoo
maintained.

Hope that helps.

Dale

:-) :-)

Alexander Puchmayr 03-21-2010 03:46 PM

Am Sonntag 21 März 2010 15:51:22 schrieb Dale:

> Don't file it on b.g.o. tho. Subscribe to the desktop mailing list and
> post it there. There are some kde-sunset people on there that will see
> it and fix it with whatever is needed. The kde-sunset is not Gentoo
> maintained.

The thing I really dislike is when files get changed and no revision update is
made. I'm not talking about trivial changes like typos or the like. I'm
talking about feature changes and other modifications which cause things to
break.

We both had avahi-0.6.24-r2 installed, but the ebuilds were different, had
different behaviour and one was causing problems. This shall NEVER happen!!

Greetings
Alex

Dale 03-21-2010 05:06 PM

Alexander Puchmayr wrote:

Am Sonntag 21 März 2010 15:51:22 schrieb Dale:

Don't file it on b.g.o. tho. Subscribe to the desktop mailing list and
post it there. There are some kde-sunset people on there that will see
it and fix it with whatever is needed. The kde-sunset is not Gentoo
maintained.

The thing I really dislike is when files get changed and no revision update is
made. I'm not talking about trivial changes like typos or the like. I'm
talking about feature changes and other modifications which cause things to
break.

We both had avahi-0.6.24-r2 installed, but the ebuilds were different, had
different behaviour and one was causing problems. This shall NEVER happen!!

Greetings
Alex

I think this will work. Delete the ebuild then resync the kde-sunset
overlay with layman -s kde-sunset. That should give you the same ebuild
I have. Assuming I have a newer version. It may be that you have the
newer version.

Dale

:-) :-)