Old 03-20-2010, 10:15 PM
Dale

Default problem with firefox-bin

David Relson wrote:

firefox seems to have a problem with pricewatch pages. For example, if
I navigate to http://www.pricewatch.com/gallery/monitors/lcd_24in, I
have a header panel, and a brands/stores panel, but no list of 24" LCD
monitors. Right clicking and selecting "save page as" lets me save the
page as lcd_24in.htm. Using File//Open I can view the saved page fine.

This happens with both www-client/firefox-bin-3.5.8 and
www-client/firefox-bin-3.6-r1

I'm linux 2.6.28-gentoo-r5 SMP built for x86_6.

Any suggestions about what's borked with firefox-bin?

FWIW, my son has firefox 3.6 on Windoze and it has no problem with
pricewatch.

David.

I have 3.5.8 compiled and the link you gave seems to work fine. I also
noticed that adblock was missing after the last update. First time I
saw a ad for anything in a long while.

In the past, I have read where a few people have issues with the bin
versions. Any reason you can't compile Firefox? It may not fix it but
you may want to save that for a last resort.

Dale

:-) :_)