Old 03-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Doug Hunley

Default aide and postgresql?

I re-emerged Aide today and saw the note about Aide making incorrect
assumptions and to run a couple of commands in PostgreSQL to correct
the database. Since I'd not had PostgreSQL installed previously, I
hadn't realized that Aide could use it as a backend, so I started
looking for info on how to do so. So far, I've been able to find an
email thread where someone else is also looking for the info, but I've
not found any actual info on how to get Aide to work with PostgreSQL.
Clearly someone in the Gentoo devs knows how to do this or they
wouldn't know how to correct the issue.

So my question to the group is: where is the schema info for Aide?
I've checked the aide tarball, their website, and their help forums,
but I don't see the info anywhere.

Thanks!

--
Douglas J Hunley, RHCT