-   -   mplayer: xvid and lavc (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/343444-mplayer-xvid-lavc.html)

Arnau Bria 03-18-2010 10:20 AM

mplayer: xvid and lavc

Hi all,

I'm trying to add some sub to a video with menconder (following a
receipt).

I run something like:

mencoder mi_video.avi -oac pcm -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=xvid:mbd=2:trell:autoaspect -sub mis_subs.srt -subfont-text-scale 3 -o video_final.avi

but I get the error:

[...]
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
Cannot find codec 'xvid' in libavcodec...
Couldn't open video filter 'lavc'.
Failed to open the encoder.

I though that building mplayer with xvid support should be enough:

$ eix media-video/mplayer
[i] media-video/mplayer
Available versions: 1.0_rc4_p20091026-r1 ~1.0_rc4_p20100213-r1 **9999 {3dnow 3dnowext +X +a52 +aac aalib +alsa altivec +ass bidi bindist bl bs2b +cddb +cdio cdparanoia cpudetection custom-cpuopts debug dga +dirac directfb doc +dts +dv dvb +dvd +dvdnav dxr3 +enca +encode esd external-ffmpeg +faac +faad fbcon ftp ggi gif -gmplayer +iconv ipv6 jack joystick jpeg jpeg2k kernel_linux ladspa libcaca lirc +live lzo mad md5sum +mmx mmxext mng +mp3 nas +network nut openal opencore-amr +opengl +osdmenu oss png pnm pulseaudio pvr +quicktime radio +rar +real +rtc samba +schroedinger sdl +shm +speex sse sse2 ssse3 svga teletext tga +theora +toolame +tremor +truetype +twolame +unicode v4l v4l2 vdpau video_cards_mga video_cards_nvidia video_cards_s3virge video_cards_tdfx video_cards_vesa vidix +vorbis win32codecs +x264 xanim xinerama +xscreensaver +xv +xvid xvmc zoran}
Installed versions: 1.0_rc4_p20091026-r1(11:58:13 AM 02/23/2010)(X a52 aac alsa ass cddb cdio dirac dts dv dvd dvdnav enca encode faac faad iconv jpeg kernel_linux live mad mmx mp3 network opengl osdmenu png rar real rtc schroedinger sdl shm speex theora toolame tremor truetype twolame unicode vorbis win32codecs x264 xscreensaver xv xvid -3dnow -3dnowext -aalib -altivec -bidi -bindist -bl -bs2b -cdparanoia -cpudetection -custom-cpuopts -debug -dga -directfb -doc -dvb -dxr3 -esd -fbcon -ftp -ggi -gif -gmplayer -ipv6 -jack -joystick -ladspa -libcaca -lirc -lzo -md5sum -mmxext -mng -nas -nut -openal -opencore-amr -oss -pnm -pulseaudio -pvr -quicktime -radio -samba -sse -sse2 -ssse3 -svga -teletext -tga -v4l -v4l2 -vdpau -video_cards_mga -video_cards_nvidia -video_cards_s3virge -video_cards_tdfx -vidix -xanim -xinerama -xvmc -zoran)

but seems that not it isn't.

and don't know what lavc is...

anyone could tell me what package/s are missing in my system?

TIA

--
Arnau Bria
http://blog.emergetux.net

Norman Rieß 03-18-2010 10:38 AM

mplayer: xvid and lavc

I'm trying to add some sub to a video with menconder (following a
receipt).

I run something like:

mencoder mi_video.avi -oac pcm -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=xvid:mbd=2:trell:autoaspect -sub mis_subs.srt -subfont-text-scale 3 -o video_final.avi

but I get the error:

[...]
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)
Cannot find codec 'xvid' in libavcodec...
Couldn't open video filter 'lavc'.
Failed to open the encoder.

I though that building mplayer with xvid support should be enough:

$ eix media-video/mplayer
[i] media-video/mplayer (...)

but seems that not it isn't.

and don't know what lavc is...

anyone could tell me what package/s are missing in my system?

TIA

Hello,
i allways had problems with lavc so i used xvid in mplayer directly:
mencoder sourcefile -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=vbitrate -oac mp3lame
-lameopts abr:br=abitrate -o result_path

Regards
Norman

Arnau Bria 03-18-2010 11:14 AM

mplayer: xvid and lavc

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 12:38:01 +0100
Norman Rieß wrote:

> Hello,
Hi Norman,

> i allways had problems with lavc so i used xvid in mplayer directly:
> mencoder sourcefile -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=vbitrate -oac
> mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=abitrate -o result_path

I don't get it .... source file is avi file, but where is sub file?

> Regards
> Norman
Thanks for your reply,
Cheers

Norman Rieß 03-18-2010 12:54 PM

mplayer: xvid and lavc

i allways had problems with lavc so i used xvid in mplayer directly:
mencoder sourcefile -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=vbitrate -oac
mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=abitrate -o result_path

I don't get it .... source file is avi file, but where is sub file?

Regards
Norman

Thanks for your reply,
Cheers

Um...it is not the exact command you should use in your case with the
subs, it is an example on how to bypass the lavc problem.

Producing a working command, that suits _your_ needs is still your job ;-).

Arnau Bria 03-18-2010 01:13 PM

mplayer: xvid and lavc

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:54:12 +0100
Norman Rieß wrote:

> Um...it is not the exact command you should use in your case with the
> subs, it is an example on how to bypass the lavc problem.
> Producing a working command, that suits _your_ needs is still your
> job ;-).
Oh! thanks, going to see into it!

Frank Steinmetzger 03-18-2010 03:34 PM

mplayer: xvid and lavc

Am Donnerstag 18 März 2010 schrieb Arnau Bria:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to add some sub to a video with menconder (following a
> receipt).
>
> I run something like:
>
> mencoder mi_video.avi -oac pcm -ovc lavc -lavcopts
> vcodec=xvid:mbd=2:trell:autoaspect -sub mis_subs.srt -subfont-text-scale 3
> -o video_final.avi

Has this worked before? As fas a I know, AVI does not officially support srt
subs.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
If you have a problem, call your system-administrator.

Arnau Bria 03-19-2010 08:46 AM

mplayer: xvid and lavc

On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:34:09 +0100
Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

> Has this worked before? As fas a I know, AVI does not officially
> support srt subs.
It worked for me:

mencoder ITC0101.avi -oac pcm -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=886 -sub ITC0101.srt -subfont-text-scale 3 -o video_final.avi

my problem is that new video is much bigger than original. More or less
twice original. I don't know why...

Cheers,

Frank Steinmetzger 03-19-2010 03:32 PM

mplayer: xvid and lavc

----------------------------^^^

> my problem is that new video is much bigger than original. More or less
> twice original. I don't know why...

My guess is that you really want -oac copy instead of pcm. PCM is
uncompressed.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
This sentence no verb.

Arnau Bria 03-22-2010 10:47 AM

mplayer: xvid and lavc

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 17:32:42 +0100
Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

> Am Freitag 19 März 2010 schrieb Arnau Bria:
> > On Thu, 18 Mar 2010 17:34:09 +0100
> >
> > Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> > > Has this worked before? As fas a I know, AVI does not officially
> > > support srt subs.
> >
> > It worked for me:
> >
> > mencoder ITC0101.avi -oac pcm -ovc xvid -xvidencopts bitrate=886
> > -sub
>
> > my problem is that new video is much bigger than original. More or
> > less twice original. I don't know why...
>
> My guess is that you really want -oac copy instead of pcm. PCM is
> uncompressed.
many thanks! solved!!

Cheers,