Old 03-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Dale

Default Question about Seamonkey and a test.

Hi,

I just gave Seamonkey a fresh start. Now I have a question. I had the
old set up so that when I opened Seamonkey, it would start both the
browser and email. Now it only starts the browser. I remember it was
in the preferences somewhere but I can't find it for the life of me.
Does someone here recall exactly where this setting is by any chance? I
found one in about:config but I'm sort of chicken to change it not being
sure it is it.

Also, I'm hoping this page will arrive and not be blank. Also, can
someone confirm this is TEXT ONLY with no HTML stuff.

Thanks.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-17-2010, 08:50 AM
Zeerak Mustafa Waseem

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 04:06:56AM -0500, Dale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just gave Seamonkey a fresh start. Now I have a question. I had the
> old set up so that when I opened Seamonkey, it would start both the
> browser and email. Now it only starts the browser. I remember it was
> in the preferences somewhere but I can't find it for the life of me.
> Does someone here recall exactly where this setting is by any chance? I
> found one in about:config but I'm sort of chicken to change it not being
> sure it is it.
>
> Also, I'm hoping this page will arrive and not be blank. Also, can
> someone confirm this is TEXT ONLY with no HTML stuff.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

You are html free :-)

--
Zeerak Waseem

Old 03-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Hartmut Figge

Dale:

>I just gave Seamonkey a fresh start. Now I have a question. I had the
>old set up so that when I opened Seamonkey, it would start both the
>browser and email. Now it only starts the browser. I remember it was
>in the preferences somewhere but I can't find it for the life of me.

Check the desired option.
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/sm100317.png (12 KB)

>Also, I'm hoping this page will arrive and not be blank. Also, can
>someone confirm this is TEXT ONLY with no HTML stuff.

It's OK. You could see yourself by using Ctrl+U.

Hartmut

Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 AM
Dale

Hartmut Figge wrote:

Dale:

I just gave Seamonkey a fresh start. Now I have a question. I had the
old set up so that when I opened Seamonkey, it would start both the
browser and email. Now it only starts the browser. I remember it was
in the preferences somewhere but I can't find it for the life of me.

Check the desired option.
http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/sm100317.png (12 KB)

Also, I'm hoping this page will arrive and not be blank. Also, can
someone confirm this is TEXT ONLY with no HTML stuff.

It's OK. You could see yourself by using Ctrl+U.

Hartmut

Thanks for the link. I looked everywhere else but there. I was
thinking that only themes, fonts and such was in there. lol

I have sent messages to the list before with it set to plain text but it
still have html when the list got it. So, since I am starting over
basically with this setup, I wanted to make sure it was not only sent
plain text but received that way as well. Now if gmail would just send
me a copy of my message, then I would know for sure.

Thanks for help on both of these. I'm back in action again and didn't
lose any info.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-17-2010, 09:10 AM
stosss

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:04 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hartmut Figge wrote:
>>
>> Dale:
>>

>>> I just gave Seamonkey a fresh start. *Now I have a question. *I had the
>>> old set up so that when I opened Seamonkey, it would start both the
>>> browser and email. *Now it only starts the browser. *I remember it was
>>> in the preferences somewhere but I can't find it for the life of me.
>>>

>> Check the desired option.
>> http://www.triffids.de/pub/screenshot/sm100317.png (12 KB)
>>

>>> Also, I'm hoping this page will arrive and not be blank. *Also, can
>>> someone confirm this is TEXT ONLY with no HTML stuff.
>>>

>> It's OK. You could see yourself by using Ctrl+U.
>>
>> Hartmut
>>

> Thanks for the link. *I looked everywhere else but there. *I was thinking
> that only themes, fonts and such was in there. *lol
>
> I have sent messages to the list before with it set to plain text but it
> still have html when the list got it. *So, since I am starting over
> basically with this setup, I wanted to make sure it was not only sent plain
> text but received that way as well. *Now if gmail would just send me a copy
> of my message, then I would know for sure.
>
> Thanks for help on both of these. *I'm back in action again and didn't lose
> any info.

You have to set that up in gmail settings.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Dale

stosss wrote:

[...]

I think I have it set up on the gmail server to do whatever Seamonkey
says. Then I have to set up Seamonkey to send text only to gentoo.org
and kde.org . Those are the two mailing lists I regularly reply to. I
only want plain text to the mailing lists and html for everyone else. I
send pics and other things to other folks.

I assume that is what you are talking about. I have not been able to
get gmail to send me a copy. I know the mailing list software sends a
copy back but gmail won't let me get it over pop access.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-17-2010, 09:35 AM
stosss

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> stosss wrote:

>>> Thanks for the link. *I looked everywhere else but there. *I was thinking
>>> that only themes, fonts and such was in there. *lol
>>>
>>> I have sent messages to the list before with it set to plain text but it
>>> still have html when the list got it. *So, since I am starting over
>>> basically with this setup, I wanted to make sure it was not only sent
>>> plain
>>> text but received that way as well. *Now if gmail would just send me a
>>> copy
>>> of my message, then I would know for sure.
>>>
>>> Thanks for help on both of these. *I'm back in action again and didn't
>>> lose
>>> any info.
>>>

>> You have to set that up in gmail settings.
>>

> I think I have it set up on the gmail server to do whatever Seamonkey says.
> *Then I have to set up Seamonkey to send text only to gentoo.org and kde.org
> . *Those are the two mailing lists I regularly reply to. *I only want plain
> text to the mailing lists and html for everyone else. *I send pics and other
> things to other folks.
>
> I assume that is what you are talking about. *I have not been able to get
> gmail to send me a copy. *I know the mailing list software sends a copy back
> but gmail won't let me get it over pop access.

sorry, I was talking about setting gmail to send you a copy of your email.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Dale

stosss wrote:

I think I have it set up on the gmail server to do whatever Seamonkey says.
Then I have to set up Seamonkey to send text only to gentoo.org and kde.org
. Those are the two mailing lists I regularly reply to. I only want plain
text to the mailing lists and html for everyone else. I send pics and other
things to other folks.

I assume that is what you are talking about. I have not been able to get
gmail to send me a copy. I know the mailing list software sends a copy back
but gmail won't let me get it over pop access.

sorry, I was talking about setting gmail to send you a copy of your email.

Where is that setting? I have looked but maybe they are calling it
something that I'm not recognizing. I just looked again and they have
added a LOT of new settings. I don't see that one tho. It is hiding
from me and I would really like to have that.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 03-17-2010, 10:14 AM
stosss

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:51 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> stosss wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Dale<rdalek1967@gmail.com> *wrote:
>>

>>> I think I have it set up on the gmail server to do whatever Seamonkey
>>> says.
>>> *Then I have to set up Seamonkey to send text only to gentoo.org and
>>> kde.org
>>> . *Those are the two mailing lists I regularly reply to. *I only want
>>> plain
>>> text to the mailing lists and html for everyone else. *I send pics and
>>> other
>>> things to other folks.
>>>
>>> I assume that is what you are talking about. *I have not been able to get
>>> gmail to send me a copy. *I know the mailing list software sends a copy
>>> back
>>> but gmail won't let me get it over pop access.
>>>

>> sorry, I was talking about setting gmail to send you a copy of your email.
>>

> Where is that setting? *I have looked but maybe they are calling it
> something that I'm not recognizing. *I just looked again and they have added
> a LOT of new settings. *I don't see that one tho. *It is hiding from me and
> I would really like to have that.

It does not appear to be possible now. I have never used it. I like
the way it puts it in the thread in my account.

Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Dale

stosss wrote:

[...]

Ahhh, I use the email client part of Seamonkey. I don't use the webmail
for gmail. It has a copy, last I looked, in the inbox but it doesn't
let it be downloaded with pop access. I hope that makes sense. ;-)

Dale

:-) :-)