Old 03-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Steve Dommett

Default Problem with script calling OOCalc on amd64

On Friday 19 March 2010 19:14:21 Mick wrote:
> I also tried /usr/bin/oocalc, but it didn't work. :-(
Try:
oocalc -no-oosplash

:-)

Old 03-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Mick

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 10:18:59 Steve Dommett wrote:
> On Friday 19 March 2010 19:14:21 Mick wrote:
> > I also tried /usr/bin/oocalc, but it didn't work. :-(
>
> Try:
> oocalc -no-oosplash
>
> :-)

Yes! That fixed it. :-) Thank you very much.

I saw this option but never thought that it would make any difference on the
terminal behaviour. Do you know why it behaves differently with -no-
oosplash, when the binary installation does not seem to be bothered either
way?
Mick

Old 03-23-2010, 03:38 PM
Steve Dommett

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 16:04:04 Mick wrote:
> Do you know why it behaves differently with -no-
> oosplash, when the binary installation does not seem to be bothered either
> way?

It seems the binary package doesn't install the optional oosplash.bin program.

The code responsible for the differing results lies in the last 25 lines of
/usr/lib64/openoffice/program/soffice.

Cheers,
Steve

Old 03-23-2010, 09:30 PM
Robert Bridge

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's interesting ... which Xresources is xterm reading? *I have this in my
> ~/.Xresources:
>
> aterm*loginShell:true
> aterm*saveLines:32767
> aterm*transparent:true
> aterm*transpscrollbar:true
> aterm*shading:40
> aterm*fading:55
> aterm*font:-*-fixed-*-*-*-*-20-*-100-*-*-*-*-*
>
> but xterm (judging by the size of the font) does not use it.

xterm isn't aterm is it? So it really shouldn't use the settings for a
different program.

Just a random thought.
RobbieAB

Old 03-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Mick

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 22:30:16 Robert Bridge wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:
> > That's interesting ... which Xresources is xterm reading? I have this in
> > my ~/.Xresources:
> >
> > aterm*loginShell:true
> > aterm*saveLines:32767
> > aterm*transparent:true
> > aterm*transpscrollbar:true
> > aterm*shading:40
> > aterm*fading:55
> > aterm*font:-*-fixed-*-*-*-*-20-*-100-*-*-*-*-*
> >
> > but xterm (judging by the size of the font) does not use it.
>
> xterm isn't aterm is it? So it really shouldn't use the settings for a
> different program.
>
> Just a random thought.

Yes, that's right. xterm would read something like:

xterm*font:-*-blah-blah-

but I don't have anything in there, so was wondering where does it read its
default size from?

Mick