Old 03-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Allan Gottlieb

Default getting firmware for orinoco pcmcia card

I am installing gentoo on an old machine without wireless builtin.

I have a hermes/orinoco pcmcia card that works fine. Indeed the
wireless "works fine", but is not right.

When booting there is a very long delay at the net.eth1 and the system
wants the agere_sta_fw.bin firmware. If you wait it out, it eventually
proceeds and the wireless works. I assume I should be getting the
firmware, but I don't know from where. I did emerge the orinoco-fwutils
but that doesn't have firmware or say where to get it.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,
allan