Old 03-14-2010, 06:52 AM
William Kenworthy

Default about sys-fs/zfs-fuse and qmerge

On Sun, 2010-03-14 at 00:43 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:
> I need a little coaching on qmerge usage.

qmerge is an argument to ebuild:

"ebuild file.ebuild compile install qmerge"

documented in "man ebuild"

BillK

--
William Kenworthy <billk@iinet.net.au>
Home in Perth!

Old 03-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 00:43:09 -0600, Harry Putnam wrote:

> In the comments... (#3) someone has asked to make the emerge once a
> specific file is edited to remove Werror calls.
>
> Someone replies with these few lines:
> ebuild /path/to/ebuild unpack
> edit the file
> ebuild /path/to/ebuild compile then install then qmerge
>
> I did `ebuild unpack'
> Found the file and made the necessary edits.
>
> Then ebuild install.
>
> But now looking a t man qmerge... its not at all clear how to install
> this compiled package with qmerge
>
> qmerge <opts> <pkgnames>

It means ebuild compile, then ebuild install then ebuild qmerge. qmerge
is an action for ebuild, although there is an unreleated qmerge commands
in portage-utils.

Actually, you don't need all of this as ebuild will perform all
uncompleted previous stages, so you only need

ebuild unpack
edit file
ebuild qmerge

--
Neil Bothwick

I am in total control, but don't tell my wife.

Old 03-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Harry Putnam

William Kenworthy <billk@iinet.net.au> writes:

[...]

> qmerge is an argument to ebuild:

Neil Bothwick <neil@digimed.co.uk> writes:

[...]

> Actually, you don't need all of this as ebuild will perform all
> uncompleted previous stages, so you only need
>
> ebuild unpack
> edit file
> ebuild qmerge

Nice... thanks... I got confused with the qmerge in portage utils.