-   -   /etc/init.d/net.ra0 is not bringing up the interface? (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/340705-etc-init-d-net-ra0-not-bringing-up-interface.html)

Tony Miller 03-12-2010 06:59 PM

/etc/init.d/net.ra0 is not bringing up the interface?

That was just it! Thank you so much.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday 12 March 2010 06:12:55 Tony Miller wrote:

> I have added /etc/init.d/net.ra0 (my wireless interface is called ra0

> instead of wlan0) to the default runlevel. It starts the script at boot,

> *but it acts like the device has not been brought up(i.e. with ifconfig ra0

> *up). For instance the boot log will say:

> * Starting ra0

> * *Configuring wireless network for ra0

> Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :

> * * SET failed on device ra0; Network is down

> Error for wireless request "Set encode" (8B2A) :

> * * SET failed on device ra0; Network is down

> Error for wireless request "Set essid" (8B1A) :

> * * SET failed on device ra0; Network is down

> And so on and so on for all the different settings, until it finally gives

> up.

> I can do ifconfig ra0 up, iwconfig ra0 essid any, dhcpcd ra0 and connect to

> the network just fine! Of course I would like it to start at boot however.

> Any ideas? The init script is broken? The actual init script is very

> complicated, and even if it were easy to just add "ifconfig ra0 up"

> somewhere to it, I'm not sure if that's the "best" solution.

Look at /etc/conf.d/wireless.example to see how you are meant to configure

/etc/conf.d/net to manage your wireless card either using iwconfig, or using

wpa_supplicant. *You probably need something like:

sleep_scan_ra0="3" #where "3" is three seconds

HTH.

Mick

Tony Miller 03-17-2010 07:24 AM

/etc/init.d/net.ra0 is not bringing up the interface?

Well it was working, then I wanted to add this to my /etc/conf.d/net:
essid_ra0=( "my essid" )
Now the same problem is happening again, any advice?

Nothing else in my /etc/conf.d/net except for this:
sleep_scan_ra0="5"config_ra0=( "dhcp" )