Old 03-12-2010, 01:35 AM
Xi Shen

Default how can i get multiple chromium window on kde 4.4?

hi,

i can only start one chromium window. if i try to drag one tab off the
main window, i got the follow error message:
"
The program 'chrome' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
"

looks like this feature is not complete yet...do we have other way to
do this? having too many tabs in one window is terrible.

--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/

Old 03-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:35:25 +0800, Xi Shen wrote:

> i can only start one chromium window. if i try to drag one tab off the
> main window, i got the follow error message:

This used to work for me, but now it just crashes Chromium, which
presumably started after the recent Chromium update. However, opening a
second Chromium window and then dragging the tab from one window to the
other does work.

> looks like this feature is not complete yet...do we have other way to
> do this? having too many tabs in one window is terrible.

You could also try the TooManyTabs extension.

--
Neil Bothwick

Top Oxymorons Number 42: Airline Food

Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Xi Shen

thanks. i figured out have to start 2 chromium window

the way 'alt+f2' start a new application is not quite intuitive.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 20:10:34 +0800, Xi Shen wrote:

> thanks. i figured out have to start 2 chromium window

Yes, but that's not how it should work, or how it worked until
recently.

> the way 'alt+f2' start a new application is not quite intuitive.

There is nothing intuitive about computer use, it is all learned. So if
you've been using KDE for many years, Alt-F2 is a natural action

--
Neil Bothwick

Macro: (n.) a series of keystrokes used to simulate a missing but
essential command.