Old 03-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Jarry

Default timezone-data: missing digest for timezone-data-2010d.ebuild...

Hi, today I got this strange message from portage:

obelix ~ # emerge --pretend --update --deep --newuse world
Calculating dependencies | * Missing digest for
'/usr/portage/sys-libs/timezone-data/timezone-data-2010d.ebuild'

... done!
obelix ~ #

As I understand, there is something wrong with timezone-data
package, so I tried to re-emerge it, and I got one more
strange message:

obelix ~ # emerge --oneshot timezone-data
Calculating dependencies | * Missing digest for
'/usr/portage/sys-libs/timezone-data/timezone-data-2010d.ebuild'

... done!

Verifying ebuild manifests

!!! Digest verification failed:
!!! /usr/portage/sys-libs/timezone-data/ChangeLog
!!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
!!! Got: 28769
!!! Expected: 28591

What does it mean, and how can I fix it?

Jarry

Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Neil Walker

On 08/03/10 19:44, Jarry wrote:

> Calculating dependencies | * Missing digest for
> '/usr/portage/sys-libs/timezone-data/timezone-data-2010d.ebuild'
>
> What does it mean,

What it says, I should think.

> and how can I fix it?

emerge --sync and try again.

Be lucky,

Neil
http://www.neiljw.com/

Old 03-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Alan McKinnon

On Monday 08 March 2010 21:44:12 Jarry wrote:
> Hi, today I got this strange message from portage:
>
> obelix ~ # emerge --pretend --update --deep --newuse world
> Calculating dependencies | * Missing digest for
> '/usr/portage/sys-libs/timezone-data/timezone-data-2010d.ebuild'
> ... done!
> obelix ~ #
>
> As I understand, there is something wrong with timezone-data
> package, so I tried to re-emerge it, and I got one more
> strange message:
>
> obelix ~ # emerge --oneshot timezone-data
> Calculating dependencies | * Missing digest for
> '/usr/portage/sys-libs/timezone-data/timezone-data-2010d.ebuild'
> ... done!

> !!! Digest verification failed:
> !!! /usr/portage/sys-libs/timezone-data/ChangeLog
> !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size
> !!! Got: 28769
> !!! Expected: 28591
>
> What does it mean, and how can I fix it?

It means the maintainer of that package cocked up and did not redigest it
after a new commit.

Wait one hour, re-sync, try again.

Failing that, open a bug and report a digest failure for the package.

For the brave, just redigest it yourself if you are certain all the fules you
have for the package are legit: as root:

ebuild /path/to/any/ebuild/in/the/package.ebuild manifest

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com