FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Alex Schuster
 
Default /etc/portage/bin/post_sync - not found by `equery b`

Stroller writes:

> I have this /etc/portage/bin/post_sync file on a couple of systems,
> and strangely `equery b /etc/portage/bin/post_sync` doesn't tell me
> what package it belongs to. I might guess `eix`, but who knows?

It's part of portage, and it's called after a sync of the portage tree.

> Does anyone else experience this, please?
> Can anyone tell me what package it belongs to, or what its purpose is?
>
> It attracted my attention because /etc seems a funny place to keep a /
> bin.

Here's some explanation:
http://forum.soft32.com/linux/gentoo-portage-ftopict333785.html

Wonko
 
Old 03-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Neil Bothwick
 
Default /etc/portage/bin/post_sync - not found by `equery b`

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:01:37 +0000, Stroller wrote:

> I have this /etc/portage/bin/post_sync file on a couple of systems,
> and strangely `equery b /etc/portage/bin/post_sync` doesn't tell me
> what package it belongs to. I might guess `eix`, but who knows?

equery shows its suckiness once again

% qfile post_sync
app-portage/portage-utils (/etc/portage/bin/post_sync)

This means you also have qfile installed, so you could have found it
yourself :P


--
Neil Bothwick

What Aussies lack in Humour they make up for in Beer!
 
Old 03-05-2010, 10:13 AM
Frank Steinmetzger
 
Default /etc/portage/bin/post_sync - not found by `equery b`

Am Freitag 05 März 2010 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:01:37 +0000, Stroller wrote:
> > I have this /etc/portage/bin/post_sync file on a couple of systems,
> > and strangely `equery b /etc/portage/bin/post_sync` doesn't tell me
> > what package it belongs to. I might guess `eix`, but who knows?
>
> equery shows its suckiness once again
>
> % qfile post_sync
> app-portage/portage-utils (/etc/portage/bin/post_sync)

My qfile doesn’t find it, neither with nor without full path. And yes, I have
that bin file.
suckiness[qfile]++; ;-)
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself.
 
Old 03-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Stroller
 
Default /etc/portage/bin/post_sync - not found by `equery b`

On 5 Mar 2010, at 10:57, Neil Bothwick wrote:


On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 10:01:37 +0000, Stroller wrote:


I have this /etc/portage/bin/post_sync file on a couple of systems,
and strangely `equery b /etc/portage/bin/post_sync` doesn't tell me
what package it belongs to. I might guess `eix`, but who knows?


equery shows its suckiness once again

% qfile post_sync
app-portage/portage-utils (/etc/portage/bin/post_sync)

This means you also have qfile installed, so you could have found it
yourself :P


:P

I will try to get into the habit of using qfile.

Thanks for your help, Neil & Alex.

Stroller.
 
Old 03-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Neil Bothwick
 
Default /etc/portage/bin/post_sync - not found by `equery b`

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:13:54 +0100, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

> > % qfile post_sync
> > app-portage/portage-utils (/etc/portage/bin/post_sync)
>
> My qfile doesn’t find it, neither with nor without full path. And yes,
> I have that bin file.

Is /etc/portage/postsync.d/q-reinitialize executable?


--
Neil Bothwick

"I am a Cub Ranger. We dib dib dib for the One. We dob dob dob for the
One."
 
Old 03-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Frank Steinmetzger
 
Default /etc/portage/bin/post_sync - not found by `equery b`

Am Freitag 05 März 2010 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:13:54 +0100, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> > > % qfile post_sync
> > > app-portage/portage-utils (/etc/portage/bin/post_sync)
> >
> > My qfile doesn’t find it, neither with nor without full path. And yes,
> > I have that bin file.
>
> Is /etc/portage/postsync.d/q-reinitialize executable?

nope
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Q: What’s the proper plural of a "Net-connected Windows machine"?
A: A Botnet.
 
Old 03-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Nikos Chantziaras
 
Default /etc/portage/bin/post_sync - not found by `equery b`

On 03/05/2010 04:06 PM, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

Am Freitag 05 März 2010 schrieb Neil Bothwick:

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:13:54 +0100, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

% qfile post_sync
app-portage/portage-utils (/etc/portage/bin/post_sync)


My qfile doesn’t find it, neither with nor without full path. And yes,
I have that bin file.


Is /etc/portage/postsync.d/q-reinitialize executable?


nope


It should be.
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:04 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org