-   -   Need help discovering what's using a port (for cvsd) (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/336145-need-help-discovering-whats-using-port-cvsd.html)

Paul Hartman 03-04-2010 10:30 PM

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 5:02 PM, Michael Sullivan <msulli1355@gmail.com> wrote:
> netstat: no support for `AF IPX' on this system.
> netstat: no support for `AF AX25' on this system.
> netstat: no support for `AF X25' on this system.
> netstat: no support for `AF NETROM' on this system.
>

> I assume these are kernel options, but without knowing specific symbol
> names, I'm not sure how to compile them into the kernel. Can anyone
> give me any advice on this situation?

I think if you don't have support for those protocols the chances of a
program using them is probably zero. :) FWIW i get the exact same
messages. I don't think it is meaningful.

I use a similar command (omitting all the unix sockets stuff): netstat
-lnp --inet

With regard to your original problem, try to edit the cvsd.conf and
specify an actual IP address to listen on (instead of 0.0.0.0 or * or
however it is defined there) and see if that helps.