Old 03-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Michael Sullivan

Default I want my old Myth theme back!

I upgraded to mythtv-0.22_p23069. Went through the whole song-and-dance
of repairing the database for the utf8 to latin1 thing, and now it's
finally back up. Except for one tiny problem. My G.A.N.T. theme is
gone. I can't even select it as a theme. Is there some way to get it
back? I liked the plain gray background, the fact that I could tell at
a glance what was recording and what I had manually set not to record.
And the fact that a generic episode was easily distinguished from a
specific episode (I usually manually set generic episodes not to record,
but now I have to take extra time to find each episode and check that
it's not generic. I'm also not happy that they changed the order of
options.
-Michael Sullivan-

Old 03-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Neil Bothwick

On Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:08:25 -0600, Michael Sullivan wrote:

> I upgraded to mythtv-0.22_p23069. Went through the whole song-and-dance
> of repairing the database for the utf8 to latin1 thing, and now it's
> finally back up. Except for one tiny problem. My G.A.N.T. theme is
> gone. I can't even select it as a theme. Is there some way to get it
> back?

Apparently not. The theme engine was completely rewritten for 0.22, to
give more flexibility and options, and G.A.N.T. was not ported. The jos
of free software, if a dev gets bored with something, they just stop.

> I'm also not happy that they changed the order of
> options.

Neither was I at first, but once I got the hang of the new layout, I find
it faster to use. Adding videos is an extreme example that was a real
hassle in older versions but a trivial task now.

--
Neil Bothwick

Snacktrek, n.:
The peculiar habit, when searching for a snack, of constantly
returning to the refrigerator in hopes that something new will have
materialized.