FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 03-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Mick
 
Default 2.6.31-gentoo-r10 kernel segfaults on shutdown

Can you make any sense of this?
===========================================
kernel BUG at kernel/time/clockevents.c:262!
invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
[snip ...]

note: halt[12361] exited with preempt_count 2
/etc/init.d/shutdown.sh: line 9: 12361 Segmentation fault /sbin/halt
"${opts}"
===========================================
--
Regards,
Mick
 
Old 03-04-2010, 05:51 AM
Damian
 
Default 2.6.31-gentoo-r10 kernel segfaults on shutdown

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you make any sense of this?
> ===========================================
> kernel BUG at kernel/time/clockevents.c:262!
> invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
> [snip ...]
>
> note: halt[12361] exited with preempt_count 2
> /etc/init.d/shutdown.sh: line 9: 12361 Segmentation fault */sbin/halt
> "${opts}"
> ===========================================
I had the same problem with the 2.6.32-r1 version. It is fixed as of
version 2.6.32-r7

The bug was reported, but I cannot find it.
 
Old 03-04-2010, 06:54 AM
Damian
 
Default 2.6.31-gentoo-r10 kernel segfaults on shutdown

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Damian <damian.only@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can you make any sense of this?
>> ===========================================
>> kernel BUG at kernel/time/clockevents.c:262!
>> invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
>> [snip ...]
>>
>> note: halt[12361] exited with preempt_count 2
>> /etc/init.d/shutdown.sh: line 9: 12361 Segmentation fault */sbin/halt
>> "${opts}"
>> ===========================================
> I had the same problem with the 2.6.32-r1 version. It is fixed as of
> version 2.6.32-r7
>
> The bug was reported, but I cannot find it.
Now in my computer I could find it:
http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15005

HTH.
 
Old 03-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Mick
 
Default 2.6.31-gentoo-r10 kernel segfaults on shutdown

On Thursday 04 March 2010 07:54:40 Damian wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 7:51 AM, Damian <damian.only@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 5:08 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Can you make any sense of this?
> >> ===========================================
> >> kernel BUG at kernel/time/clockevents.c:262!
> >> invalid opcode: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP
> >> [snip ...]
> >>
> >> note: halt[12361] exited with preempt_count 2
> >> /etc/init.d/shutdown.sh: line 9: 12361 Segmentation fault /sbin/halt
> >> "${opts}"
> >> ===========================================
> >
> > I had the same problem with the 2.6.32-r1 version. It is fixed as of
> > version 2.6.32-r7
> >
> > The bug was reported, but I cannot find it.
>
> Now in my computer I could find it:
> http://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=15005

Thank you very much! I will upgrade accordingly.

--
Regards,
Mick
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:47 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org