Old 03-03-2010, 07:23 AM
Helmut Jarausch

Default How to update (only) all installed KDE packages

Hi,

I'd like to upgrade all my installed package from, say, kde-base/* .
emerge -u kde-base/kde-meta doesn't work unfortunately.

Is there something easier than
eix --only-names -I 'kde-base/*' | xargs emerge -uv1 -j4 --keep-going

Many thanks for a hint,
Helmut.

--
Helmut Jarausch

Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
RWTH - Aachen University
D 52056 Aachen, Germany

Old 03-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Mittwoch 03 März 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to upgrade all my installed package from, say, kde-base/* .
> emerge -u kde-base/kde-meta doesn't work unfortunately.
>
> Is there something easier than
> eix --only-names -I 'kde-base/*' | xargs emerge -uv1 -j4 --keep-going
>
> Many thanks for a hint,
> Helmut.

emerge -u @kde

if you have used sets and a recent portage version this should work nicely.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Mittwoch 03 März 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> On 3 Mar, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> > On Mittwoch 03 März 2010, Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I'd like to upgrade all my installed package from, say, kde-base/* .
> >> emerge -u kde-base/kde-meta doesn't work unfortunately.
> >>
> >> Is there something easier than
> >> eix --only-names -I 'kde-base/*' | xargs emerge -uv1 -j4 --keep-going
> >>
> >> Many thanks for a hint,
> >> Helmut.
> >
> > emerge -u @kde
> >
> > if you have used sets and a recent portage version this should work
> > nicely.
>
> Thanks, I had hoped that, but where is the set '@kde'
>
> I have portage-2.2_63 but
> emerge --list-sets
> only reports
>
> downgrade
> installed
> live-rebuild
> module-rebuild
> preserved-rebuild
> rebuilt-binaries
> security
> selected
> system
> unavailable
> world
>

> Helmut.

hm, mine is a bit bigger...

kde
kde-4.3
kde-4.4
kde-4.5
kde-extras-live
kde-live
kdeaccessibility
kdeaccessibility-4.3
kdeaccessibility-4.4
kdeaccessibility-4.5
kdeaccessibility-live
kdeadmin
kdeadmin-4.3
kdeadmin-4.4
kdeadmin-4.5
kdeadmin-live
kdeartwork
kdeartwork-4.3
kdeartwork-4.4
kdeartwork-4.5
kdeartwork-live
kdebase
kdebase-4.3
kdebase-4.4
kdebase-4.5
kdebase-live
kdebindings
kdebindings-4.3
kdebindings-4.4
kdebindings-4.5
kdebindings-live
kdedeps-4.4
kdedeps-4.5
kdedeps-live
kdeedu
kdeedu-4.3
kdeedu-4.4
kdeedu-4.5
kdeedu-live
kdegames
kdegames-4.3
kdegames-4.4
kdegames-4.5
kdegames-live
kdegraphics
kdegraphics-4.3
kdegraphics-4.4
kdegraphics-4.5
kdegraphics-live
kdelibs
kdelibs-4.3
kdelibs-4.4
kdelibs-4.5
kdelibs-live
kdemultimedia
kdemultimedia-4.3
kdemultimedia-4.4
kdemultimedia-4.5
kdemultimedia-live
kdenetwork
kdenetwork-4.3
kdenetwork-4.4
kdenetwork-4.5
kdenetwork-live
kdeoptional
kdeoptional-4.3
kdeoptional-4.4
kdeoptional-4.5
kdeoptional-live
kdepim
kdepim-4.3
kdepim-4.4
kdepim-4.5
kdepim-live
kdesdk
kdesdk-4.3
kdesdk-4.4
kdesdk-4.5
kdesdk-live
kdetoys
kdetoys-4.3
kdetoys-4.4
kdetoys-4.5
kdetoys-live
kdeutils
kdeutils-4.3
kdeutils-4.4
kdeutils-4.5
kdeutils-live
kdewebdev
kdewebdev-4.3
kdewebdev-4.4
kdewebdev-4.5
kdewebdev-live
koffice
koffice-2
koffice-live
live-rebuild
maemo6
module-rebuild
plasmoids
plasmoids-live
preserved-rebuild
qt
qt-all-4.5
qt-all-4.5-live-kde
qt-all-4.5-live-nokia
qt-all-4.6
qt-all-4.6-live-kde
qt-all-4.6-live-nokia
qt-all-live-kde
qt-all-live-nokia
qt-extras-live
rebuilt-binaries
security
selected
system
unavailable
world

because of the KDE overlay (and qt and X)
but you could create your own set in /etc/portage/sets

or you could unpack that tarball I send you off list in /etc/portage/sets

Old 03-03-2010, 12:02 PM
Graham Murray

Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to upgrade all my installed package from, say, kde-base/* .
> emerge -u kde-base/kde-meta doesn't work unfortunately.
>
> Is there something easier than

Try emerge -u $(qlist -IC kde-base/)