Old 03-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Mark Loeser

Default Official document for stabilization policy/guideline

Lie Ryan <lie.1296@gmail.com> said:
> I've been running several ~arch-ed packages that appears to be compile
> and runs fine on my machine and would like to vote them for
> stabilization. Is it enough to just open a bug issue and pray that the
> arch manager would notice?

The general policy is here:

http://devmanual.gentoo.org/keywording/index.html#moving-from-~arch-to-arch

Open a bug and let the package maintainer decide if that version should
go stable yet, or not at all. We don't mark every version of each
package stable since that would waste a lot of cycles all around.

--
Mark Loeser
email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org