Old 02-28-2010, 05:24 AM
Hilco Wijbenga

Default How to set the DefaultColorDepth?

Hi all,

I'm trying to get Thief "The Dark Project" working under Wine. It
seems it's having trouble switching to 16bit colour mode (I'm in 24bit
colour mode normally) so I wanted to try and set the colour depth to
16bit.

This used to be fairly easy as you could change this in xorg.conf but
this file is now virtually empty. KDE doesn't seem to have anything in
System Settings. I have an "NVIDIA X Server Settings" app but it
"cannot apply" as it would require writing to xorg.conf. It proposes a
full xorg.conf like we used to have a long time ago. I'm wondering
whether that is still the appropriate way to do this.

What is the proper way to set the DefaultColorDepth?

Cheers,
Hilco