Old 02-27-2010, 08:45 PM
"Arttu V."

Default dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2 fails to emerge on a multilib profile

On 2/27/10, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday 27 February 2010 19:04:09 walt wrote:
>> On 02/27/2010 10:04 AM, Mick wrote:
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > I am trying to install Gentoo on a i7 x86_64 arch machine and libgamin
>> > fails when I try to emerge syslog-ng (it's a dependency of it). This
>> > is my first 64bit machine, so I am not sure if I have made more
>> > mistakes than usual (LOL). This is the error:
>> > ====================================
>> >
>> > libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -shared .libs/gamin.o
>> > -Wl,-rpath
>> > -Wl,/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/libgam
>> >in/.libs ../libgamin/.libs/libgamin-1.so /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin /sbin
>>
>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>> > -lpthread -march=core2 -msse4 -mcx16 -msahf -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-soname
>> > -Wl,_gamin.so -o .libs/_gamin.so
>> > /usr/bin: file not recognized: Is a directory
>>
>> Cool, a new libtool trick. It's trying to link an object file with a
>> directory? Dunno where the real error is, but I'd start with the old
>> shotgun approach by running lafilefixer --justfixit and see if it helps.
>
> That was my first thought too. I ran lafixer and revdep-rebuild after
> emerging these and the error shown above came up.

grep for pkg-config inside the config.log (and maybe build.log as
well). I'm betting on pkg-config not being found, although the ebuild
seems to list it as a dependency. (Maybe your chroot settings affect
the path?)

IIRC another package did the same for me some months ago (sorry, can't
remember which). If it couldn't find pkg-config it would still
complete configure phase without errors -- but cflags and libs
variables that were supposed to be filled with various `pkg-config
--libs foo` outputs were in fact filled with the paths from which
pkg-config was searched for (in vain) during configuration. And IIRC
the result looked nearly identical to the situation here.

--
Arttu V.