FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-27-2010, 05:04 PM
Mick
 
Default dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2 fails to emerge on a multilib profile

Hi All,

I am trying to install Gentoo on a i7 x86_64 arch machine and libgamin
fails when I try to emerge syslog-ng (it's a dependency of it). This
is my first 64bit machine, so I am not sure if I have made more
mistakes than usual (LOL). This is the error:
====================================
libtool: compile: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..
-I.. -I../lib -DBINDIR="/usr/libexec" -DBUILDDIR=".." -Wall
-Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wnested-externs -Wsign-compare -Wno-sign-compare -march=core2 -msse4
-mcx16 -msahf -O2 -pipe -MT gam_api.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/gam_api.Tpo
-c gam_api.c -o gam_api.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/gam_data.Tpo .deps/gam_data.Plo
mv -f .deps/gam_api.Tpo .deps/gam_api.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
-Wall -Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wnested-externs -Wsign-compare -Wno-sign-compare -march=core2 -msse4
-mcx16 -msahf -O2 -pipe -Wl,--version-script=./gamin_sym.version
-version-info 1:10:1 -lpthread -Wl,-O1 -o libgamin-1.la -rpath
/usr/lib64 gam_api.lo gam_data.lo gam_fork.lo
../lib/libgamin_shared.la
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
-Wall -Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wnested-externs -Wsign-compare -Wno-sign-compare -march=core2 -msse4
-mcx16 -msahf -O2 -pipe -Wl,--version-script=./gamin_sym.version
-version-info 0:0:0 -lpthread -Wl,-O1 -o libfam.la -rpath /usr/lib64
gam_api.lo gam_data.lo gam_fork.lo ../lib/libgamin_shared.la
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -shared .libs/gam_api.o
.libs/gam_data.o .libs/gam_fork.o -Wl,--whole-archive
../lib/.libs/libgamin_shared.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive -lpthread
-march=core2 -msse4 -mcx16 -msahf
-Wl,--version-script=./gamin_sym.version -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-soname
-Wl,libfam.so.0 -o .libs/libfam.so.0.0.0
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -shared .libs/gam_api.o
.libs/gam_data.o .libs/gam_fork.o -Wl,--whole-archive
../lib/.libs/libgamin_shared.a -Wl,--no-whole-archive -lpthread
-march=core2 -msse4 -mcx16 -msahf
-Wl,--version-script=./gamin_sym.version -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-soname
-Wl,libgamin-1.so.0 -o .libs/libgamin-1.so.0.1.10
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libfam.so.0" && ln -s
"libfam.so.0.0.0" "libfam.so.0")
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libfam.so" && ln -s
"libfam.so.0.0.0" "libfam.so")
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libgamin-1.so.0" && ln -s
"libgamin-1.so.0.1.10" "libgamin-1.so.0")
libtool: link: (cd ".libs" && rm -f "libgamin-1.so" && ln -s
"libgamin-1.so.0.1.10" "libgamin-1.so")
libtool: link: (cd .libs/libfam.lax/libgamin_shared.a &&
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar x
"/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/libgamin/../lib/.libs/libgamin_shared.a")
libtool: link: (cd .libs/libgamin-1.lax/libgamin_shared.a &&
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar x
"/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/libgamin/../lib/.libs/libgamin_shared.a")
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar cru .libs/libfam.a gam_api.o
gam_data.o gam_fork.o .libs/libfam.lax/libgamin_shared.a/gam_error.o
.libs/libfam.lax/libgamin_shared.a/gam_event.o
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib .libs/libfam.a
libtool: link: rm -fr .libs/libfam.lax
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ar cru .libs/libgamin-1.a
gam_api.o gam_data.o gam_fork.o
.libs/libgamin-1.lax/libgamin_shared.a/gam_error.o
.libs/libgamin-1.lax/libgamin_shared.a/gam_event.o
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ranlib .libs/libgamin-1.a
libtool: link: rm -fr .libs/libgamin-1.lax
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libfam.la" && ln -s
"../libfam.la" "libfam.la" )
libtool: link: ( cd ".libs" && rm -f "libgamin-1.la" && ln -s
"../libgamin-1.la" "libgamin-1.la" )
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
-Wall -Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wnested-externs -Wsign-compare -Wno-sign-compare -march=core2 -msse4
-mcx16 -msahf -O2 -pipe -Wl,-O
1 -o gamin gamin.o libgamin-1.la
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -Wall -Wchar-subscripts
-Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs
-Wsign-compare -Wno-sign-compare -march=core2 -msse4 -mcx16 -msahf -O2
-pipe -Wl,-O1 -o .libs/gamin gamin.o ./.libs/libgamin-1.so -lpthread
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/libgamin'
Making all in python
make[2]: Entering directory
`/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/python'
Making all in tests
make[3]: Entering directory
`/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/python/tests'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/python/tests'
make[3]: Entering directory
`/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/python'
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/python2.6 -I../libgamin
-I../lib -Wall -Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wnested-externs -Wsign-compare -Wno-sign-compare
-march=core2 -msse4 -mcx16 -msahf -O2 -pipe -MT gamin.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/gamin.Tpo -c -o gamin.lo gamin.c
libtool: compile: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..
-I/usr/include/python2.6 -I../libgamin -I../lib -Wall
-Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wnested-externs -Wsign-compare -Wno-sign-compare -march=core2 -msse4
-mcx16 -msahf -O2 -pipe -MT gamin.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/gamin.Tpo -c
gamin.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/gamin.o
In file included from gamin.c:11:
../config.h:59:1: warning: "HAVE_PTHREAD_H" redefined
In file included from /usr/include/python2.6/Python.h:8,
from gamin.c:9:
/usr/include/python2.6/pyconfig.h:470:1: warning: this is the location
of the previous definition
libtool: compile: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..
-I/usr/include/python2.6 -I../libgamin -I../lib -Wall
-Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wnested-externs -Wsign-compare -Wno-sign-compare -march=core2 -msse4
-mcx16 -msahf -O2 -pipe -MT gamin.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/gamin.Tpo -c
gamin.c -o gamin.o >/dev/null 2>&1
mv -f .deps/gamin.Tpo .deps/gamin.Plo
/bin/sh ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
-Wall -Wchar-subscripts -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wnested-externs -Wsign-compare -Wno-sign-compare -march=core2 -msse4
-mcx16 -msahf -O2 -pipe -module -avoid-version -Wl,-O1 -o _gamin.la
-rpath /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages gamin.lo
../libgamin/libgamin-1.la
libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -shared .libs/gamin.o
-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/libgamin/.libs
../libgamin/.libs/libgamin-1.so /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin /sbin
-lpthread -march=core2 -msse4 -mcx16 -msahf -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-soname
-Wl,_gamin.so -o .libs/_gamin.so
/usr/bin: file not recognized: Is a directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [_gamin.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/python'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/python'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10'
make: *** [all] Error 2
* ERROR: dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2 failed:
* emake failed
*
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 54: Called src_compile
* environment, line 4734: Called _eapi2_src_compile
* ebuild.sh, line 646: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake || die "emake failed"
*
* If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info
=dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2',
* the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv
=dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2'.
* The complete build log is located at
'/var/log/portage/dev-libs:libgamin-0.1.10-r2:20100227-175701.log'.
* The ebuild environment file is located at
'/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/temp/environment'.
* S: '/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10'

>>> Failed to emerge dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2, Log file:

>>> '/var/log/portage/dev-libs:libgamin-0.1.10-r2:20100227-175701.log'

* Messages for package dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2:

* ERROR: dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2 failed:
* emake failed
*
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 54: Called src_compile
* environment, line 4734: Called _eapi2_src_compile
* ebuild.sh, line 646: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* emake || die "emake failed"
====================================

What now?
--
Regards,
Mick
 
Old 02-27-2010, 06:04 PM
walt
 
Default dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2 fails to emerge on a multilib profile

On 02/27/2010 10:04 AM, Mick wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to install Gentoo on a i7 x86_64 arch machine and libgamin
fails when I try to emerge syslog-ng (it's a dependency of it). This
is my first 64bit machine, so I am not sure if I have made more
mistakes than usual (LOL). This is the error:
====================================



libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -shared .libs/gamin.o
-Wl,-rpath -Wl,/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/libgamin/.libs
../libgamin/.libs/libgamin-1.so /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin /sbin

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-lpthread -march=core2 -msse4 -mcx16 -msahf -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-soname
-Wl,_gamin.so -o .libs/_gamin.so
/usr/bin: file not recognized: Is a directory


Cool, a new libtool trick. It's trying to link an object file with a
directory? Dunno where the real error is, but I'd start with the old
shotgun approach by running lafilefixer --justfixit and see if it helps.
 
Old 02-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Mick
 
Default dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2 fails to emerge on a multilib profile

On Saturday 27 February 2010 19:04:09 walt wrote:
> On 02/27/2010 10:04 AM, Mick wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am trying to install Gentoo on a i7 x86_64 arch machine and libgamin
> > fails when I try to emerge syslog-ng (it's a dependency of it). This
> > is my first 64bit machine, so I am not sure if I have made more
> > mistakes than usual (LOL). This is the error:
> > ====================================
> >
> > libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -shared .libs/gamin.o
> > -Wl,-rpath
> > -Wl,/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/libgam
> >in/.libs ../libgamin/.libs/libgamin-1.so /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin /sbin
>
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > -lpthread -march=core2 -msse4 -mcx16 -msahf -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-soname
> > -Wl,_gamin.so -o .libs/_gamin.so
> > /usr/bin: file not recognized: Is a directory
>
> Cool, a new libtool trick. It's trying to link an object file with a
> directory? Dunno where the real error is, but I'd start with the old
> shotgun approach by running lafilefixer --justfixit and see if it helps.

That was my first thought too. I ran lafixer and revdep-rebuild after
emerging these and the error shown above came up.

Does it matter that I am in a chroot (I'm sure I ran all the correct
incantations to get there).
--
Regards,
Mick
 
Old 02-28-2010, 10:08 AM
Mick
 
Default dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2 fails to emerge on a multilib profile

On Saturday 27 February 2010 21:45:13 Arttu V. wrote:
> On 2/27/10, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday 27 February 2010 19:04:09 walt wrote:
> >> On 02/27/2010 10:04 AM, Mick wrote:
> >> > Hi All,
> >> >
> >> > I am trying to install Gentoo on a i7 x86_64 arch machine and libgamin
> >> > fails when I try to emerge syslog-ng (it's a dependency of it). This
> >> > is my first 64bit machine, so I am not sure if I have made more
> >> > mistakes than usual (LOL). This is the error:
> >> > ====================================
> >> >
> >> > libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -shared .libs/gamin.o
> >> > -Wl,-rpath
> >> > -Wl,/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/lib
> >> >gam in/.libs ../libgamin/.libs/libgamin-1.so /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin
> >> > /sbin
> >>
> >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >>
> >> > -lpthread -march=core2 -msse4 -mcx16 -msahf -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-soname
> >> > -Wl,_gamin.so -o .libs/_gamin.so
> >> > /usr/bin: file not recognized: Is a directory
> >>
> >> Cool, a new libtool trick. It's trying to link an object file with a
> >> directory? Dunno where the real error is, but I'd start with the old
> >> shotgun approach by running lafilefixer --justfixit and see if it helps.
> >
> > That was my first thought too. I ran lafixer and revdep-rebuild after
> > emerging these and the error shown above came up.
>
> grep for pkg-config inside the config.log (and maybe build.log as
> well). I'm betting on pkg-config not being found, although the ebuild
> seems to list it as a dependency. (Maybe your chroot settings affect
> the path?)
>
> IIRC another package did the same for me some months ago (sorry, can't
> remember which). If it couldn't find pkg-config it would still
> complete configure phase without errors -- but cflags and libs
> variables that were supposed to be filled with various `pkg-config
> --libs foo` outputs were in fact filled with the paths from which
> pkg-config was searched for (in vain) during configuration. And IIRC
> the result looked nearly identical to the situation here.

Thanks Arttu V. I will look at this when I boot next - I am trying to
chainload the new install from Windows 7 to see if the error repeats outside
the chroot and it is a struggle so far. Do you recall what your fix was?

--
Regards,
Mick
 
Old 02-28-2010, 12:54 PM
Mick
 
Default dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2 fails to emerge on a multilib profile

On Saturday 27 February 2010 21:45:13 Arttu V. wrote:
> On 2/27/10, Mick <michaelkintzios@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Saturday 27 February 2010 19:04:09 walt wrote:
> >> On 02/27/2010 10:04 AM, Mick wrote:
> >> > Hi All,
> >> >
> >> > I am trying to install Gentoo on a i7 x86_64 arch machine and libgamin
> >> > fails when I try to emerge syslog-ng (it's a dependency of it). This
> >> > is my first 64bit machine, so I am not sure if I have made more
> >> > mistakes than usual (LOL). This is the error:
> >> > ====================================
> >> >
> >> > libtool: link: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -shared .libs/gamin.o
> >> > -Wl,-rpath
> >> > -Wl,/var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/lib
> >> >gam in/.libs ../libgamin/.libs/libgamin-1.so /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin
> >> > /sbin
> >>
> >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >>
> >> > -lpthread -march=core2 -msse4 -mcx16 -msahf -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-soname
> >> > -Wl,_gamin.so -o .libs/_gamin.so
> >> > /usr/bin: file not recognized: Is a directory
> >>
> >> Cool, a new libtool trick. It's trying to link an object file with a
> >> directory? Dunno where the real error is, but I'd start with the old
> >> shotgun approach by running lafilefixer --justfixit and see if it helps.
> >
> > That was my first thought too. I ran lafixer and revdep-rebuild after
> > emerging these and the error shown above came up.
>
> grep for pkg-config inside the config.log (and maybe build.log as
> well). I'm betting on pkg-config not being found, although the ebuild
> seems to list it as a dependency. (Maybe your chroot settings affect
> the path?)
>
> IIRC another package did the same for me some months ago (sorry, can't
> remember which). If it couldn't find pkg-config it would still
> complete configure phase without errors -- but cflags and libs
> variables that were supposed to be filled with various `pkg-config
> --libs foo` outputs were in fact filled with the paths from which
> pkg-config was searched for (in vain) during configuration. And IIRC
> the result looked nearly identical to the situation here.

Here's what I managed to find:

There is not pkg-config in /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/libgamin-0.1.10-
r2/work/gamin-0.1.10/config.log and I couldn't find it in the emerge log
either.

So, I went back to plan B. I configured the Windows 7 boot loader to
chainload GRUB and booted into the new system. It had no problem compiling
and installing libgamin and now it is installing syslog-ng. Perhaps this was
related to the sysrescue-cd environment, I haven't tried all this with the
Gentoo CD.
--
Regards,
Mick
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:42 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org