Old 02-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Willie Wong

Default eGalax Touchscreen

Hi list:

My netbook has a eGalax Touchscreen. Does anyone have experience with
them?

(a) I first tried their driver at
http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalaxTouchDriver/linuxDriver.htm
but it crashes the computer when logging out from X. I may play with
it a bit more to see if I am doing something stupid.

(b) Right now the usbtouchscreen kernel driver sees the touchscreen. I
installed xorg-server with the tslib USE, ad added tslib to the input
devices in make.conf. Does anyone have experience with tslib?

ts_finddev tells me that /dev/input/event6 is a touchscreen.
ts_print_raw shows events coming in when I touch the stylus to the
screen.

But ts_calibrate, ts_test, ts_harvest all do nothing. I run them, they
display their texts and cross-hair, but no matter where I touch on the
screen nothing happens.

Willie
--
Willie W. Wong wwong@math.princeton.edu