Old 02-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas

Default Kernel 2.6.33 + KDE + Hibernation

Hello fellows,

I'm trying to confirm a bug with kernel 2.6.33 (gentoo-sources) in order to
fill a bug to upstream.

After the update, I'm having a very weird behaviour with hibernation (suspend-
to-disk). If I'm only at console with KDM opened, I can successfully hibernate
my system and resume it. But, if I log KDE and wait the complete startup, when
I try to hibernate it hangs on "Snapshoting the system".

Everything was fine with every version of kernel 2.6.32 I have tried. It
should not be a problem with gentoo-source, because I already tried vanilla-
sources.

Is anyone having the problem also?

Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas
Control and Automation Engineer