-   -   Showing installed packages that aren't in portage tree(s) (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/332793-showing-installed-packages-arent-portage-tree-s.html)

Mark David Dumlao 02-27-2010 02:44 AM

Showing installed packages that aren't in portage tree(s)

I used to think that eix did that.

After eixing back and forth for some non-existent
app-office/{kugar,koshell,kexi} (wouldn't show up on my eixes) that
was holding back my --depcleans of kdelibs:3.5 and
koffice-{libs,data}:3.5, then doubling back on the manual page, I
discovered it didn't :D

Is there an option or filter I could pass to qlist to find out which
packages are installed but not in the portage tree(s)? The qlist -ICv
suggestion from the eix man page only shows all installed packages. My
goal is to either remove them or put them in the local overlay.
--
This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [ ] social
Response needed: [ ] yes [x] up to you [ ] no

Dale 02-27-2010 02:51 AM

Showing installed packages that aren't in portage tree(s)

I used to think that eix did that.

After eixing back and forth for some non-existent
app-office/{kugar,koshell,kexi} (wouldn't show up on my eixes) that
was holding back my --depcleans of kdelibs:3.5 and
koffice-{libs,data}:3.5, then doubling back on the manual page, I
discovered it didn't :D

Is there an option or filter I could pass to qlist to find out which
packages are installed but not in the portage tree(s)? The qlist -ICv
suggestion from the eix man page only shows all installed packages. My
goal is to either remove them or put them in the local overlay.

I think "eix-test-obsolete -d" will do that. I don't have any installed
that are not in portage at the moment so I can't test it to be sure.

Be warned, this thing can output a LOT of stuff. If you are in a
console, you may want to pipe to a text file or to less or something.

Dale

:-) :-)

Mark David Dumlao 02-27-2010 04:20 AM

Showing installed packages that aren't in portage tree(s)

Just what I needed. Thanks!

--
This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [ ] social
Response needed: [ ] yes [ ] up to you [ ] no

Dale 02-27-2010 05:19 AM

Showing installed packages that aren't in portage tree(s)

Just what I needed. Thanks!

Let me also add that the output has changed. I tried to clean up some
package.* files a while back and it turned into a mess. Before you
change a file, make a backup just in case. It seems to list some things
that maybe it shouldn't. Maybe I am missing something somewhere but it
isn't the way it used to be. I need to run it and just sit and study
the list and test some things. There may be some rhyme or reason for
what it is doing that I just don't see yet

Dale

:-) :-)

Mark David Dumlao 02-27-2010 06:54 AM

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@gmail.com> wrote:
> chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
>>
>> Just what I needed. Thanks!
>>

> Let me also add that the output has changed. *I tried to clean up some
> package.* files a while back and it turned into a mess. *Before you change a
> file, make a backup just in case. *It seems to list some things that maybe
> it shouldn't. *Maybe I am missing something somewhere but it isn't the way
> it used to be. *I need to run it and just sit and study the list and test
> some things. *There may be some rhyme or reason for what it is doing that I
> just don't see yet

Fear not, the redundant / missing flags in my package.xxx files are
more of an out-of-sight, out-of-mind thing for me. I figure they're
not breaking anything nor adding that much cruft by just being there.
Crufty packages though, bug me, especially when they block my
upgrades/revdeps/uninstalls.

--
This email is: [ ] actionable [ ] fyi [x] social
Response needed: [ ] yes [ ] up to you [x] no

Dale 02-27-2010 04:14 PM

Showing installed packages that aren't in portage tree(s)

Let me also add that the output has changed. I tried to clean up some
package.* files a while back and it turned into a mess. Before you change a
file, make a backup just in case. It seems to list some things that maybe
it shouldn't. Maybe I am missing something somewhere but it isn't the way
it used to be. I need to run it and just sit and study the list and test
some things. There may be some rhyme or reason for what it is doing that I
just don't see yet

Fear not, the redundant / missing flags in my package.xxx files are
more of an out-of-sight, out-of-mind thing for me. I figure they're
not breaking anything nor adding that much cruft by just being there.
Crufty packages though, bug me, especially when they block my
upgrades/revdeps/uninstalls.

True but I try to keep mine up to date and clean. It's just me. It may
not matter much right now but it may one day. If I let it build up,
then it will be harder to fix later.

I'm weird tho. Everyone knows it and I accept it. lol

Dale

:-) :-)