Old 02-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Andrea Conti

Default Who believes in cylinders?

> Many years ago I wrote an OS/2 program to handle all of this. Perhaps I
> should blow the dust off it, convert it to use POSIX functions and
> publish it as FOSS.

Why reinvent the wheel? Just use 'sfdisk -d'.

andrea

Old 02-28-2010, 07:28 PM
David W Noon

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 20:10:02 +0100, Andrea Conti wrote about Re:
[gentoo-user] Re: Who believes in cylinders?:

>> Many years ago I wrote an OS/2 program to handle all of this.
>> Perhaps I should blow the dust off it, convert it to use POSIX
>> functions and publish it as FOSS.
>
>Why reinvent the wheel? Just use 'sfdisk -d'.

No reinvention required: I already have an old wheel in the garage.

There are already several Linux programs that can display partition
tables, and present them in a manner more useful than a dd of some
bytes from the MBR: fdisk, sfdisk, parted, etc. Mine would simply be
another.

Dave [RLU #314465]
dwnoon@ntlworld.com (David W Noon)