Old 02-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Joseph

Default FreeNX password vs. ssh-key

I'm installing Freenx and it will not install unless I enable in sshd_conf
UsePAM yes (password authentication)

What is the use use of ssh-key if I have to enable PAM?

--
Joseph

Old 02-27-2010, 12:15 AM
Nikos Chantziaras

On 02/27/2010 01:52 AM, Joseph wrote:

I'm installing Freenx and it will not install unless I enable in sshd_conf
UsePAM yes (password authentication)

What is the use use of ssh-key if I have to enable PAM?

FreeNX does not support SSH keys. It only uses one for its control user.

For an NX-based client/server that supports SSH keys, you might want to
look at x2go instead. Furthermore, FreeNX seems to be quite inactive
upstream (last update in 2008.) x2go is in the "nx" overlay.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:30 AM
Joseph