Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 PM
Joseph

Default source repository could not be determined

I'm trying to re-emerge package kbarcode but it keeps complaing:
that the source repository could not be determined

emerge -pv kbarcode

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild R ] app-text/kbarcode-2.0.7 USE="-debug% -doc -xinerama%" 0 kB [?=>1]

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
Portage tree and overlays:
[0] /usr/portage
[1] /usr/local/portage/layman/kde-sunset
[?] indicates that the source repository could not be determined

How to fix it?

--
Joseph

Old 02-26-2010, 09:33 PM
Joseph

I'm trying to re-emerge package kbarcode but it keeps complaing:
that the source repository could not be determined

emerge -pv kbarcode

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild R ] app-text/kbarcode-2.0.7 USE="-debug% -doc -xinerama%" 0 kB
[?=>1]

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
Portage tree and overlays:
[0] /usr/portage
[1] /usr/local/portage/layman/kde-sunset
[?] indicates that the source repository could not be determined

How to fix it?

The error means that the package is no longer in portage or any of the
overlays you are using. It's probably dead.

Is it a KDE-3.5 package? If so, it will be in the kde-sunset overlay.

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

Fix it.
I don't know what had happened but I run digest on the overlay ebuild and it emerged OK.

--
Joseph

Old 02-26-2010, 09:54 PM
Xavier Parizet

Le 26/02/2010 23:33, Joseph a écrit :
> On 02/26/10 23:22, Alan McKinnon wrote:
>> On Friday 26 February 2010 23:12:18 Joseph wrote:
>>> I'm trying to re-emerge package kbarcode but it keeps complaing:
>>> that the source repository could not be determined
>>>
>>> emerge -pv kbarcode
>>>
>>> These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
>>>
>>> Calculating dependencies... done!
>>> [ebuild R ] app-text/kbarcode-2.0.7 USE="-debug% -doc
>>> -xinerama%" 0 kB
>>> [?=>1]
>>>
>>> Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
>>> Portage tree and overlays:
>>> [0] /usr/portage
>>> [1] /usr/local/portage/layman/kde-sunset
>>> [?] indicates that the source repository could not be determined
>>>
>>> How to fix it?
>>
>> The error means that the package is no longer in portage or any of the
>> overlays you are using. It's probably dead.
>>
>> Is it a KDE-3.5 package? If so, it will be in the kde-sunset overlay.
>>

> Fix it.
> I don't know what had happened but I run digest on the overlay ebuild
> and it emerged OK.

From what i can see, i understand that kbarcode was removed from
/usr/portage overlay (that's the source of ?, as it's no more in
/usr/portage, then portage cannot determine the source of the ebuild),
but add in kde-sunset overlay. It's not an error, just an information
message. It doesn't need any fix. Just doing a emerge kbarcode should
have done the trick.

HTH.

--
Xavier Parizet