Old 02-26-2010, 05:50 PM
Joseph

Default :1194

I have one client and trying to connect to two openvpn servers (both servers are behind same IP address):

client1
remote 208.38.31.237 9000

client2
remote 208.38.31.237 9050

I can connect to them one at a time but not both at the same time.
If I try to start the second connection I get:

TCP/UDP: Socket bind failed on local address [undef]:1194: Address already in use

I was able to connect to both servers at the same time when the servers were on my local subnet: 10.0.0.150 (simulated)
But if I try real world scenario, it I get "Address already in use"

What is the difference?

--
Joseph

Old 02-26-2010, 06:16 PM
Joseph

I have one client and trying to connect to two openvpn servers (both servers are behind same IP address):

client1
remote 208.38.31.237 9000

client2 remote 208.38.31.237 9050

I can connect to them one at a time but not both at the same time.
If I try to start the second connection I get:

TCP/UDP: Socket bind failed on local address [undef]:1194: Address already in use

I was able to connect to both servers at the same time when the servers were on my local subnet: 10.0.0.150 (simulated)
But if I try real world scenario, it I get "Address already in use"

What is the difference?

--
Joseph

SOLVED

I had to add to my client/server config file the same port number, eg.
proto udp
port 9050

--
Joseph