Old 02-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Jarno Antikainen

Default /var/lib/init.d/exclusive/netmount

Hello,

after updating a few packages, some init scripts got stuck when starting services (at least mysql and apache). Doing "/etc/init.d/mysql --verbose --debug start" revealed that they got stuck doing "cat /var/lib/init.d/exclusive/netmount". Sounds like something related to nfs, and I had indeed updated some nfs packages, so this probably had something to do with that.

I couldn't find information on what that netmount pipe is or how to fix the problem, but I just removed the pipe and the init scripts started to work again.

Could you tell more about that pipe and how should I have fixed the situation? Will it cause any trouble now that the pipe doesn't exist any more?

Best regards,

Jarno

Portage 2.1.7.16 (default/linux/amd64/2008.0, gcc-4.3.4, glibc-2.10.1-r1, 2.6.23-hardened-r7 x86_64)
System uname: Linux-2.6.23-hardened-r7-x86_64-Intel-R-_Xeon-R-_CPU_5110_@_1.60GHz-with-gentoo-1.12.11.1
Timestamp of tree: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 03:00:01 +0000
app-shells/bash: 3.2_p39
dev-lang/python: 2.6.4
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.1.0_beta1
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.11.1