-   -   libtool 2.x upgrade (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/332203-libtool-2-x-upgrade.html)

bn 02-26-2010 12:15 AM

libtool 2.x upgrade

Hi,

I have a stable x86 system that requires still a bit of updating, among
those libtool and gcc. Since I need the system to be usable *now* for
work reasons, I don't feel like updating gcc and rebuilding it all with
an emerge -e system / emerge -e world, but more and more packages want
to upgrade to libtool 2.x

Is it safe to upgrade libtool without (1)rebuilding gcc too and
(2)rebuilding system/world?

thanks,
m.