-   -   Ping ElseCZ ( Nvidia WAIT; (also KVM GPM passthrough )) (http://www.linux-archive.org/gentoo-user/330824-ping-elsecz-nvidia-wait-also-kvm-gpm-passthrough.html)

7v5w7go9ub0o 02-23-2010 06:28 PM

Ping ElseCZ ( Nvidia WAIT; (also KVM GPM passthrough ))

I tried to respond to your NVidia forums post; but couldn't join the
forum (apparently they didn't like my gmail address).

- FWIW I get that wait (WAIT (E, 0, 0x0887d, 0) ) when I activate the
following kernel options:

# set "Bus options (PCI etc.)" -> "Support for DMA Remapping Devices"
to "*"
# set "Bus options (PCI etc.)" -> "Enable DMA Remapping Devices" to "*"
# set "Bus options (PCI etc.)" -> "PCI Stub driver" to "*"

Activating these options is prescribed by the KVM folks to allow VM
access of the GPM; <
http://www.linux-kvm.org/page/How_to_assign_devices_with_VT-d_in_KVM>

- When I deactivate those options, the NV driver works fine. kernel:
linux-2.6.32-gentoo-r6 (and r3)

- Perhaps you could post these comments in the NV form. Perhaps you
could also advise them that they might get more participation if they
were a little more accessible.