FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Gentoo > Gentoo User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-21-2010, 12:08 PM
Xi Shen
 
Default how to emerge mldonkey?

hi,

i got a wired problem. when i was trying to emerge net-p2p/mldonkey,
the process hanged at this step:
"
--------------------------------
Checking Ocaml compiler.
--------------------------------
checking for ocamlc.opt... /usr/bin/ocamlc.opt
checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ocamlc... /usr/bin/ocamlc.opt
checking for camlp4... /usr/bin/camlp4
Need build
******** Objective-Caml 3.10 is required *********
******* Check http://caml.inria.fr/ ********
Do you want this script to try to download and install ocaml
LOCALLY in mldonkey directory ?
"

i tried to type 'y'/'yes' and press enter, but it takes no effect.
what should i do? i never got questioned when emerging something.


--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
 
Old 02-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann
 
Default how to emerge mldonkey?

On Sonntag 21 Februar 2010, Xi Shen wrote:
> hi,
>
> i got a wired problem. when i was trying to emerge net-p2p/mldonkey,
> the process hanged at this step:
> "
> --------------------------------
> Checking Ocaml compiler.
> --------------------------------
> checking for ocamlc.opt... /usr/bin/ocamlc.opt
> checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ocamlc... /usr/bin/ocamlc.opt
> checking for camlp4... /usr/bin/camlp4
> Need build
> ******** Objective-Caml 3.10 is required *********
> ******* Check http://caml.inria.fr/ ********
> Do you want this script to try to download and install ocaml
> LOCALLY in mldonkey directory ?
> "
>
> i tried to type 'y'/'yes' and press enter, but it takes no effect.

you were lucky. Never let some stupid package install some stuff.

> what should i do? i never got questioned when emerging something.

emerge dev-lang/ocaml
 
Old 02-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Crístian Viana
 
Default how to emerge mldonkey?

then how was this ebuild (net-p2p/mldonkey-3.0.0) considered stable?

On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 11:05 AM, Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@googlemail.com> wrote:


On Sonntag 21 Februar 2010, Xi Shen wrote:

> hi,

>

> i got a wired problem. when i was trying to emerge net-p2p/mldonkey,

> the process hanged at this step:

> "

> --------------------------------

> * * *Checking Ocaml compiler.

> --------------------------------

> checking for ocamlc.opt... /usr/bin/ocamlc.opt

> checking for x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-ocamlc... /usr/bin/ocamlc.opt

> checking for camlp4... /usr/bin/camlp4

> Need build

> ******** *Objective-Caml 3.10 is required **********

> ******* *Check http://caml.inria.fr/ *********

> Do you want this script to try to download and install ocaml

> LOCALLY in mldonkey directory ?

> "

>

> i tried to type 'y'/'yes' and press enter, but it takes no effect.



you were lucky. Never let some stupid package install some stuff.



> what should i do? i never got questioned when emerging something.



emerge dev-lang/ocaml





--
Crístian Deives dos Santos Viana [aka CD1]
Sent from Campinas, SP, Brazil
 
Old 02-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann
 
Default how to emerge mldonkey?

On Sonntag 21 Februar 2010, Crístian Viana wrote:
> then how was this ebuild (net-p2p/mldonkey-3.0.0) considered stable?

a) LTQ
b) read the ebuild

thank you.
 
Old 02-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Stroller
 
Default how to emerge mldonkey?

On 21 Feb 2010, at 14:37, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:


On Sonntag 21 Februar 2010, Crístian Viana wrote:

then how was this ebuild (net-p2p/mldonkey-3.0.0) considered stable?


a) LTQ


Love that quiche, too, dude!


b) read the ebuild


Which part?

Stroller.
 
Old 02-21-2010, 03:26 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann
 
Default how to emerge mldonkey?

On Sonntag 21 Februar 2010, Stroller wrote:
> On 21 Feb 2010, at 14:37, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> > On Sonntag 21 Februar 2010, Crístian Viana wrote:
> >> then how was this ebuild (net-p2p/mldonkey-3.0.0) considered stable?
> >
> > a) LTQ
>
> Love that quiche, too, dude!
>
> > b) read the ebuild
>
> Which part?
>
> Stroller.

all of it
 
Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Xi Shen
 
Default how to emerge mldonkey?

>
>> what should i do? i never got questioned when emerging something.
>
> emerge dev-lang/ocaml
>

i already have dev-lang/ocaml-3.11.1 emerged. should i downgrade it to
a lower version?


--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
 
Old 02-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Xi Shen
 
Default how to emerge mldonkey?

ok. problem solved. i downgraded the dev-lang/ocaml to 3.10.2, then
run ocaml-rebuild.sh.


--
Best Regards,
David Shen

http://twitter.com/davidshen84/
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org