Old 02-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Frank Steinmetzger

Default KDE 3 and Kconvert

Am Samstag, 20. Februar 2010 schrieb Dale:

> So, it wants to rebuild Kconvert but there is no such thing in portage.
> I have the kde-sunset layman up to date as well. Also, I do use
> Kconvert so I don't want to get rid of it either.
>
> Is there a way to fix this? Oh, the news item is not related. I read
> it but plan to go back to it one day when I have more time to mess with it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Dale

You can do what I do when I want to keep a package that’s been removed from
portage: copy the overlay from /var/db/pkg/¹ to your local overlay
at /usr/local/prtage.

¹ Basically, that’s where portage keeps copies of all installed ebuilds.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
Killing for peace is like fucking for virginity.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:20 PM
Dale

So, it wants to rebuild Kconvert but there is no such thing in portage.
I have the kde-sunset layman up to date as well. Also, I do use
Kconvert so I don't want to get rid of it either.

Is there a way to fix this? Oh, the news item is not related. I read
it but plan to go back to it one day when I have more time to mess with it.

Thanks.

Dale

You can do what I do when I want to keep a package that’s been removed from
portage: copy the overlay from /var/db/pkg/¹ to your local overlay
at /usr/local/prtage.

¹ Basically, that’s where portage keeps copies of all installed ebuilds.

I may end up doing that. I thought the KDE 3 stuff was supposed to move
over to kde-sunset. Did they just miss this one package maybe?

I may just do a quickpkg of the thing, unmerge it, let it do the other
updates and then put it back. ;-)

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 02-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Zeerak Mustafa Waseem

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 01:20:02PM -0600, Dale wrote:
> chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
> > Am Samstag, 20. Februar 2010 schrieb Dale:
> >

> >> So, it wants to rebuild Kconvert but there is no such thing in portage.
> >> I have the kde-sunset layman up to date as well. Also, I do use
> >> Kconvert so I don't want to get rid of it either.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to fix this? Oh, the news item is not related. I read
> >> it but plan to go back to it one day when I have more time to mess with it.
> >>
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >> Dale
> >>
> > You can do what I do when I want to keep a package that?s been removed from
> > portage: copy the overlay from /var/db/pkg/ to your local overlay
> > at /usr/local/prtage.
> >
> > Basically, that?s where portage keeps copies of all installed ebuilds.
> >

> I may end up doing that. I thought the KDE 3 stuff was supposed to move
> over to kde-sunset. Did they just miss this one package maybe?
>
> I may just do a quickpkg of the thing, unmerge it, let it do the other
> updates and then put it back. ;-)
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

Dale, you sly, sly man.

Hats off ;-)

Old 02-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Dale

[...]

Keep your hat on. I don't have those thoughts very often. I do have my
"hal" moments tho. lol I'm starting to have some KDE moments to tho. o_O

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 02-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Zeerak Mustafa Waseem

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 05:43:11PM -0600, Dale wrote:
> chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:
> > On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 01:20:02PM -0600, Dale wrote:
> >
> >> chrome://messenger/locale/messengercompose/composeMsgs.properties:

> >> I may end up doing that. I thought the KDE 3 stuff was supposed to move
> >> over to kde-sunset. Did they just miss this one package maybe?
> >>
> >> I may just do a quickpkg of the thing, unmerge it, let it do the other
> >> updates and then put it back. ;-)
> >>
> >> Dale
> >>
> >> :-) :-)
> >>

> > Dale, you sly, sly man.
> >
> > Hats off ;-)
> >

> Keep your hat on. I don't have those thoughts very often. I do have my
> "hal" moments tho. lol I'm starting to have some KDE moments to tho. o_O
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)

In a future not far from now, Dale has moments about every scrap of software save the kernel... ;-)

Old 02-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Dale