Old 02-21-2010, 09:30 AM
pk

Default radeonhd not working

Andrey Vul wrote:

> According to git, all the r7xx except for rs880 are on the
> working/testing list. Which sucks, tbh: why did I bother to get
> integrated when I could've gotten a better motherboard (with 1394
> support) and a $50 graphics card?

According to this RS880 should be supported but I don't know how much
"works":
http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd#RecentChanges

> What's the point of getting acceleration to work if the kernel can't
> modeset correctly? Is it worth compiling radeon_drm + r700 fw into the
> kernel?

You could always ask for support on xorg mailing list. Or open a bug
report if you think your specific chipset isn't working. I would
recommend to put up as much information (kernel logs, xorg logs, chipset
pci ID etc.) as possible and not cut away such info that you think/deem
unnecessary.

Best regards

Peter K

Old 02-22-2010, 02:41 PM
James

Andrey Vul <andrey.vul <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Firmware installed, I still get this:

> >> (EE) RADEONHD(0): [dri] CP_INIT failed
> >> (EE) RADEONHD(0): RHDDRIFinishScreenInit: RHDDRIKernelInit Failed.

Just a shot in the dark, but make sure you have the latest
pciids on the system:

/usr/sbin/update-pciids <updates list of pci device numbers>