Old 02-16-2010, 04:56 PM
ubiquitous1980

Default Find out what emerge is up to in a large number of installations.

If emerge has a large number of installs to do, for example, during a
world update, and I am in a tty, how would I find which one emerge is up to?

Old 02-17-2010, 10:36 AM
Daniel Troeder

On 02/16/2010 06:56 PM, ubiquitous1980 wrote:
> If emerge has a large number of installs to do, for example, during a
> world update, and I am in a tty, how would I find which one emerge is up to?
Not sure if I understand your question, but you possibly want to take a
look at /var/log/emerge.log

--
PGP key @ http://pgpkeys.pca.dfn.de/pks/lookup?search=0xBB9D4887&op=get
# gpg --recv-keys --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net 0xBB9D4887

Old 02-17-2010, 11:08 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:56:07 +0000, ubiquitous1980 wrote:

> If emerge has a large number of installs to do, for example, during a
> world update, and I am in a tty, how would I find which one emerge is
> up to?

emerge genlop
genlop -c

--
Neil Bothwick

If you don't pay your exorcist, you get repossessed.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:49 PM
James

ubiquitous1980 <nixuser1980 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> If emerge has a large number of installs to do, for example, during a
> world update, and I am in a tty, how would I find which one emerge is up to?

not sure what you mean about tty, but if you
have a command prompt, then:

tail -f /var/log/emerge.log

hth,
James