Old 02-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Neil Bothwick

Default nfs-utils broken on ~amd64?

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 22:28:08 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> The USE flag changed at 1.1.6-r1 from nonfsv4 to nfsv4 so if you did
> not change USE you will get the exact opposite support between the
> earliest and most recent version in portage.
>
> <pet hate>
> Don't you just hate negative USE flags on the lines of no* ? You have
> to switch then on to not get something. Far better to have a positive
> flag and enable it by default in the profile. Not to mention the
> confusion that changing it later causes, witness this case here.

Yes, but it's changing now. The reason the ebuild has changed from nonfs4
to nfs4 is that it is now possible to turn the flag on by default in the
ebuild, which is particularly useful for local flags that can't be set in
a profile.

--
Neil Bothwick

You have the capacity to learn from mistakes. You'll learn a lot today.

Old 02-16-2010, 12:00 AM
walt