Old 02-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Grant

Default /etc/conf.d/net tries to do too much

I configured my laptop as a wireless AP with hostapd. It works great
as long as I 'ifconfig wlan0 192.168.1.1'. I can have
/etc/init.d/net.wlan0 started automatically with hostapd, but I can't
come up with an /etc/conf.d/net config that will work. It always
fails by saying it can't set master mode or other parameters. I think
hostapd is supposed to handle all of that except the IP configuration,
but /etc/conf.d/net wants to do more than just the IP configuration.
Does anyone know the right way to handle this?

- Grant