Old 02-14-2010, 01:28 PM
Skippy

Default how to add an ebuild

Greetings;

I'm needing to add an ebuild, but there is something I'm not doing
right it seems.

I have xorg-server-1.6.3.901-r2.ebuild. The file that is.

I place it in /usr/portage/x11-base/xorg-server/

I run "ebuild xorg-server-1.6.3.901-r2.ebuild digest" I can see that
the file Manifest is altered.

also tried "ebuild xorg-server-1.6.3.901-r2.ebuild manifest" as man
page says those are equivilant.

Then eix-update.

Then "eix xorg-server" - the version I am trying to add does not appear
in the output.

What am I missing here? Other than my sanity.

Thanks, Skippy

Old 02-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Stroller