Old 02-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Robin Atwood

Default KDE 4.4: window tabbing?

Has anyone got the much vaunted window-tabbing of KDE 4.4 working? I have set
my middle mouse button to "Start window tab drag" but when I try it nothing
happens. Searching, I found references to a window menu option "Move window to
group" but I don't have that. I don't think there is a USE option I have
missed. Anybody have better luck?

TIA
-Robin
Robin Atwood.

from "Mandalay" by Rudyard Kipling

Old 02-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Samstag 13 Februar 2010, Robin Atwood wrote:
> Has anyone got the much vaunted window-tabbing of KDE 4.4 working? I have
> set my middle mouse button to "Start window tab drag" but when I try it
> nothing happens. Searching, I found references to a window menu option
> "Move window to group" but I don't have that. I don't think there is a USE
> option I have missed. Anybody have better luck?
>
> TIA
> -Robin

I have set the middle mouse button to nothing and window tabbing works great.

Old 02-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Robin Atwood

On Saturday 13 February 2010, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> On Samstag 13 Februar 2010, Robin Atwood wrote:
> > Has anyone got the much vaunted window-tabbing of KDE 4.4 working? I have
> > set my middle mouse button to "Start window tab drag" but when I try it
> > nothing happens. Searching, I found references to a window menu option
> > "Move window to group" but I don't have that. I don't think there is a
> > USE option I have missed. Anybody have better luck?
>
> I have set the middle mouse button to nothing and window tabbing works
> great.

So what do you do? Do you have the new window menu option?

Old 02-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Frank Steinmetzger

Am Samstag, 13. Februar 2010 schrieb Robin Atwood:
> Has anyone got the much vaunted window-tabbing of KDE 4.4 working? I have
> set my middle mouse button to "Start window tab drag" but when I try it
> nothing happens. Searching, I found references to a window menu option
> "Move window to group" but I don't have that. I don't think there is a USE
> option I have missed. Anybody have better luck?

Do you use Oxygen or anything else as window decorator? I use crystal, where
tabbing does not work. However, after I changed to Oxygen, it did. So the
Decorator has to support it.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
How are things in the collective?" - "Perfect."

Old 02-13-2010, 09:44 PM
Volker Armin Hemmann

On Samstag 13 Februar 2010, Robin Atwood wrote:
> On Saturday 13 February 2010, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
> > On Samstag 13 Februar 2010, Robin Atwood wrote:
> > > Has anyone got the much vaunted window-tabbing of KDE 4.4 working? I
> > > have set my middle mouse button to "Start window tab drag" but when I
> > > try it nothing happens. Searching, I found references to a window menu
> > > option "Move window to group" but I don't have that. I don't think
> > > there is a USE option I have missed. Anybody have better luck?
> >
> > I have set the middle mouse button to nothing and window tabbing works
> > great.
>
> So what do you do? Do you have the new window menu option?
>
> -Robin

I don't know I just grab the titlebar with the middle button, drag the
window to the window I want to tab it with and drop. Tada, tabbing.

Old 02-14-2010, 05:08 AM
Robin Atwood

On Sunday 14 February 2010, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> Am Samstag, 13. Februar 2010 schrieb Robin Atwood:
> > Has anyone got the much vaunted window-tabbing of KDE 4.4 working? I have
> > set my middle mouse button to "Start window tab drag" but when I try it
> > nothing happens. Searching, I found references to a window menu option
> > "Move window to group" but I don't have that. I don't think there is a
> > USE option I have missed. Anybody have better luck?
>
> Do you use Oxygen or anything else as window decorator? I use crystal,
> where tabbing does not work. However, after I changed to Oxygen, it did.
> So the Decorator has to support it.

Thanks, that's the problem, I use Crystal. Changing to Oxygen makes it all
work. Bummer, I don't much like Oxygen.

Cheers

Old 02-14-2010, 10:35 AM
Neil Bothwick

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 13:08:05 +0700, Robin Atwood wrote:

> > Do you use Oxygen or anything else as window decorator? I use crystal,
> > where tabbing does not work. However, after I changed to Oxygen, it
> > did. So the Decorator has to support it.
>
> Thanks, that's the problem, I use Crystal. Changing to Oxygen makes it
> all work. Bummer, I don't much like Oxygen.

Currently, it only works with Oxygen. Now that 4.4 is out and more people
will want this feature, the devs of the other themes will make the
necessary changes.

--
Neil Bothwick

I work with User-Surly Software.