Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Paul Hartman

Default Has semantic-desktop really become compulsatory for kmail?

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:
> Well, in 4.3.x I eliminated it after the first try, because it took so many
> resources of my machine, that I could not use it for something else. So, you
> mean, in 4.4.x it takes only a 10% of the resources it took with 4.3.x? LOL,
> although I really like the idea of the semantic desktop, I rather have a
> usable machine ...

I tried it again in KDE 4.4, and other than virtuoso taking 100% with
a bug (I killed it and it behaved normally after that) I didn't
experience any extreme load even during the initial indexing. However,
I disabled it after a couple hours of indexing because it was already
using a few gigabytes of disk and I simply don't find it useful.