Old 02-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Dale

Default Keyword for dev-java/sun-j2ee

On Friday 12 February 2010 01:51:40 Dale wrote:

By the way, just installed KDE 4.4 and I still can't open a file with
Dolphin as root.

You are not supposed to do that. Dolphin runs as you.

Nope, I got it set to run as root. It asks for the password and
everything when I open Dolphin. It is set to do the same as it does
when in KDE 3.5 with Konqueror. On the KDE lists, I was told there is
supposed to be some more code added to make this work. Ironically I
think it is a Dbus thing. I think that was what the issue turns out to
be. Don't quote me on that. It's been months since I found this boo boo.

I know it is root tho because I can enter my /root directory and browse
around in it. I think it is Dolphin trying to open Kwrite as root that
is the issue. Again, it has been a while.

Dale

:-) :-)

Old 02-14-2010, 07:37 PM
dhk

dhk wrote:
> Alan McKinnon wrote:
>> On Friday 12 February 2010 00:58:52 dhk wrote:
>>> I put /usr/bin/java back the way it was.
>>> ln -s /usr/bin/run-java-tool /usr/bin/java
>>>
>>> I set the CLASSPATH, got it from java-config --runtime
>>> export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:/opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.18/jre/lib/resources.jar:
>>> /opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.18/jre/lib/rt.jar:/opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.18/jre/lib/jsse.jar
>>> :
>>> /opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.18/jre/lib/jce.jar:/opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.18/jre/lib/charse
>>> ts.jar
>>>
>>> Is it safe to set the CLASSPATH as follows?
>>> export CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:`java-config --runtime`
>>> That seems to work too.
>>>
>>> I ran /opt/sun-j2ee-1.3.1/bin/j2ee and still got the errors. It
>>> definately looks like the CLASSPATH, but what should it be?
>> I'm getting out of my depth here :-)
>>
>> It's been a while since I used java to any extent, and things change rapidly
>> in that arena. Perhaps you need a more java-specific forum, or wait for
>> someone with a real clue to come along and read this thread.
>>

> Well, thanks for your help. I appreciate it.
>
> dhk

Ok, I think the problem is in the rt.jar file. The beginning of the
error is as follows:

# /opt/sun-j2ee-1.3.1/bin/j2ee -verbose
J2EE server listen port: 1050
com/sun/corba/se/internal/util/IdentityHashtable

However, the following command shows the IdentityHashtable in a
different location.

# jar tf /opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.18/jre/lib/rt.jar | grep "IdentityHashtable"
com/sun/corba/se/impl/util/IdentityHashtable.class
com/sun/corba/se/impl/util/IdentityHashtableEntry.class
com/sun/corba/se/impl/util/IdentityHashtableEnumerator.class

I think the difference is j2ee is looking for "IdentityHashtable" in
com/sun/corba/se/internal/util/IdentityHashtable but the jar file has it
in com/sun/corba/se/impl/util/IdentityHashtable.class .

Is this the problem? If so haw can it be fixed?

Thanks,

dhk

Old 02-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Alan McKinnon

On Sunday 14 February 2010 22:37:03 dhk wrote:
> dhk wrote:

> Ok, I think the problem is in the rt.jar file. The beginning of the
> error is as follows:
>
> # /opt/sun-j2ee-1.3.1/bin/j2ee -verbose
> J2EE server listen port: 1050
> com/sun/corba/se/internal/util/IdentityHashtable
>
> However, the following command shows the IdentityHashtable in a
> different location.
>
> # jar tf /opt/sun-jdk-1.6.0.18/jre/lib/rt.jar | grep "IdentityHashtable"
> com/sun/corba/se/impl/util/IdentityHashtable.class
> com/sun/corba/se/impl/util/IdentityHashtableEntry.class
> com/sun/corba/se/impl/util/IdentityHashtableEnumerator.class
>

> I think the difference is j2ee is looking for "IdentityHashtable" in
> com/sun/corba/se/internal/util/IdentityHashtable but the jar file has it
> in com/sun/corba/se/impl/util/IdentityHashtable.class .
>
> Is this the problem? If so haw can it be fixed?

It sure looks like your real problem. The class loader will not find the
package you do have. And it's not a simple matter of unpacking rt.jar,
changing and it zipping it all back up again - those things are signed and
manifested.

Have you looked into the metadata of java ebuilds to find where the java herd
hang out and ask them there?

--
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com