Old 02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
"J. Roeleveld"

Default old kernel (kcore)?

On Wednesday 10 February 2010 14:51:26 James wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I booted up an old system off our a minimal 2006.1 cd
>

> I'm looking for the kernel to copy it.
>

> Is it this kcore file?
>
> proc # file kcore
> kcore: ELF 32-bit LSB core file Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), SVR4-style,
> SVR4-style, from 'vmlinux'
>

> If not does somebody know what the name, or the location (on the x86 2006.1
> minimal cd0 would be?
>
> the .config file used to create the kernel would be of keen interest to me
> too.
>
> thx,
> James

Not sure where the kernel-image is on the CD, but have a look in the ISOLINUX
directory?

As for the ".config", I think the kernels used by Gentoo all have the
/proc/config.gz option active.
Eg. to get the config, do the following:
zcat /proc/config.gz > .config

HTH,

Joost

Old 02-10-2010, 01:09 PM
Dale

Hello,

I booted up an old system off our a minimal 2006.1 cd

I'm looking for the kernel to copy it.

Is it this kcore file?

proc # file kcore
kcore: ELF 32-bit LSB core file Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), SVR4-style,
SVR4-style, from 'vmlinux'

If not does somebody know what the name, or the location (on the x86 2006.1
minimal cd0 would be?

the .config file used to create the kernel would be of keen interest to me too.

thx,
James

The kernel config is /proc/config.gz . I'm not sure if you can get a
copy of the kernel or not. Since it would need a LOT of modules to
load, you would most likely have to build it anyway. The CD uses
modules for a lot of stuff that you may not want to be a module on the
actual system.

Dale

:-) :-)