Old 01-12-2010, 09:29 PM
"Arttu V."

Default What is this new python error? "'--active' option cannot be used"

Hello,

Can anybody hint what on Earth this following message means, I've
never seen anything like it:

* Messages for package dev-python/sip-4.9.3-r1:

* ERROR: dev-python/sip-4.9.3-r1 failed:
* PYTHON(): '--active' option cannot be used in ebuilds of packages
supporting installation for multiple versions of Python
*
* Call stack:
* ebuild.sh, line 48: Called src_install
* environment, line 3362: Called python_need_rebuild
* environment, line 3231: Called PYTHON '-A' '--ABI'
* environment, line 205: Called die
* The specific snippet of code:
* die "${FUNCNAME}(): '--active' option cannot be
used in ebuilds of packages supporting installation for multiple
versions of Python";

I can see the most recent change in the eclass touching this part over
at s.g.o, as well as read the code, but it didn't make me any wiser so
far:

http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/eclass/python.eclass?rev=1.82&view=log

But then again, it says it fixes something for the 2.1-series portage
users. Is this now broken for us overly brave portage 2.2_rc users?

--
Arttu V.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
"Arttu V."

Arttu V. wrote:

[...]

Sorry for the noise. A re-sync updated python.eclass, and (hopefully)
ended up sorting this out. At least the eclass was changed, and now sip
emerges without complaints.

--
Arttu V.