Old 01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas

Default New application: app-portage/kportagetray

If you mean to run the app only at the systray, than, yes, it is possible

Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas
Control and Automation Engineer
Gentoo Foundation Member

Old 01-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Ronan Arraes Jardim Chagas

Hum, good, a KDE 4.4 user.

I don't know if anything has changed with KDE 4.4, like
org.kde.VisualNotifications service.
I'll try something here.

Thanks!

Old 01-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Frank Steinmetzger

Am Freitag, 8. Januar 2010 schrieb Stroller:
> On 8 Jan 2010, at 04:44, James Ausmus wrote:
> > This looks pretty awesome - I'm not in a position to test it right
> > now, but can this be thrown in an overlay so I can get to it in the
> > future easily, and get the updates easily?
>
> +1
>
> > ... I would love to have this just popup a notification that I can
> > click which will show me the (important) info - aka the database
> > diff - from the latest eix-syncs...
>
> What is this wonderful feature of eix that I have been missing out on,
> please?

Ehrm, see at one glance what’s new after a sync? But that is only a nice
side-effect to the real use of eix: not having to use a time-consuming
emerge -S.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
"If there‘s nothing wrong with me, maybe there‘s something

Old 01-08-2010, 05:32 PM
James Ausmus

This looks pretty awesome - I'm not in a position to test it right now, but can this be thrown in an overlay so I can get to it in the future easily, and get the updates easily?

+1

... I would love to have this just popup a notification that I can click which will show me the (important) info - aka the database diff - from the latest eix-syncs...

What is this wonderful feature of eix that I have been missing out on, please?

Stroller.

Use eix-sync instead of emerge --sync, and, at the end of the sync process, eix automatically does an eix db update, and shows you the diff between the old db and the new db - updated packages, updated packages you have installed, new packages, removed pacakges, etc - very handy to have...

-James

Old 01-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Stroller