Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Xianwen Chen

Default does the "aqua" use flag still valid in gentoo 2008?

hi,

if you have enabled "aqua" flag in make.conf, then it won't matter how
it is set in desktop profile.

regards,

wen

--
Xianwen Chen
Scientific Assistant

Office phone: +44 77 64 61 12
Skype: xianwen.chen

Old 01-07-2010, 04:29 PM
James Ausmus

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Xi Shen <davidshen84@googlemail.com> wrote:

hi,

i want to try to enable the "aqua" flag with my kde. but it is

displayed as "(-aqua)" when i try to emerge kde. i searched the

network, and people say it is disabled by my profile. i am using the

"default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop" profile. which profile should i use

to enable this use flag?

This is because Aqua/Carbon are Mac OS X-specific UI libraries - unless you're running Gentoo/Darwin (aka Gentoo on Mac OS X), you're not going to have the necessary UI libraries for the compiling packages to link against, unless you've managed to extract the Carbon libraries intact from a Mac system (no idea if that's even possible...)

HTH-
James
*